Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Greenfire says they have 3 colors, but are sold out of silvers. The chicks look like 7 chamois and 5 golds. I will have to research the chamois color and see if I can determine the genetics behind them. The golds should be straightforward to cross with silvers, as "technically" their only difference should be the one, sex-linked gene. If I had silver pullets, I could cross them with a gold cockerel and all the resulting pullet chicks would be gold, and the cockerels would be silver, but carry a single copy of gold.
I thought you don't like white egg laying chickens. :lol:Spitzhaubens are beautiful birds! I'm interesting in some pullets if you have some sexlink chicks in the future. If hubby can set water line to the coop next year, I would like to take a few bantam duck eggs for Sunny to hatch. I feel so sorry for her going broody every month but never hatched any chicks.

Here are my Spitzhaubens, and my cochin bantam from Dennis who thinks she's a spitz, and my polish and frizzle in the background. Any thoughts on the gender of the 2 spitz and the polish?
spitz-Sept-2021.jpg

I thought you don't like white egg laying chickens. :lol:Spitzhaubens are beautiful birds! I'm interesting in some pullets if you have some sexlink chicks in the future. If hubby can set water line to the coop next year, I would like to take a few bantam duck eggs for Sunny to hatch. I feel so sorry for her going broody every month but never hatched any chicks.
I think blue eggs are the prettiest, but my customers also want dark brown and dark green. I don't mind white eggs, but those chicks are not in demand. But neither are the chicks from my genetic hackle and I love those birds.
If I had to pick one breed to keep for pleasure it would either be my Rees legbars or my frizzle cochins, or maybe the hackles, or the welbars . . . .
Anyway, my love for the cochins doesn't suffer because their eggs are plain looking, they are the most awesome looking youngsters I have growing out now, including the polish, which are rather debonair looking birds.

Here are my Spitzhaubens, and my cochin bantam from Dennis who thinks she's a spitz, and my polish and frizzle in the background. Any thoughts on the gender of the 2 spitz and the polish? View attachment 2834490
I can't help much on sexing the crested breeds, but I do think your lavender frizzle looks like a well used feather duster !

Welcome from Centre county! :welcome
What birds do you have?
I know this may sound bad..... but I really don't know what type of chickens I have. I only have 4 right now and only 2 of those are laying at this point. I asked my sister, who I got them from, what kind they were so that if someone asked I could answer them........ she said "just tell them the laying kind", LOL! She has about 30 birds at any one time and in my mind they are all inter breeding, if that's the way it works.

Back
Top Bottom