Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I used to have some properties in Everett and lived there for a bit in my twenties and early thirties.

Anyone in Bucks County have room in your heart, home, or freezer for this little guy? He's almost 10 weeks old. We already have 2 roosters and can't keep him.

Attachments

• 20210922_140328.jpg
    20210922_140328.jpg
    999.3 KB · Views: 3
Got another shipment of chicks from Greenfire yesterday. 4 more Chamois Spitzhauben (bringing the total to 11) and 6 more Gold Spitzhauben (also now 11 total). That should make some nice, small breeding groups for 2022. Also got 8 Denizli Long Crower chicks. There are 2 extras that could be gold Spitz or Denizli, I didn't look really close when I was putting them in the brooder.

I also got 2 eggs so far from my Laughing Chickens! I thought I was finished hatching for the year, but I guess not!

@dheltzel Between the laughing chickens and the longcrower, by next year you can advertise the "torture your neighbors" chicken package to consumers. I would throw in some guinea fowls into the package as well.

Btw: i really like my neighbors but it would be fun to have an odd-sounding rooster if it were allowed. As it is some of Adam's children are rather loud hens.

@dheltzel Between the laughing chickens and the longcrower, by next year you can advertise the "torture your neighbors" chicken package to consumers. I would throw in some guinea fowls into the package as well.

Btw: i really like my neighbors but it would be fun to have an odd-sounding rooster if it were allowed. As it is some of Adam's children are rather loud hens.
One peacock will torment a far larger area than a bunch of roosters and guineas. Guineas have the most annoying vocalizations, but the screams from a male peacock will go much farther. I like the sound, it reminds me of Tarzan-type movies I watched as a kid (always set in Africa, but had the sounds of Indian peacocks to make it "realistic").
It will be interesting to hear what these roosters sounds like. I don't think they will come close to the guineas for "raising a racket" though. Did I mention ! will be releasing about 40 more guineas this fall? I have never heard any complaints about the guineas. Everyone living on the farm love their antics and associate the "noise" with home, kind of like the aroma of cow manure that is always lingering. The farm looks, smells and sounds "clean" to me, because I grew up with that and associate it strongly with good living and comfortable relationships.

Back
Top Bottom