Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Both two healthy black and lavender ameraucana pullets, Pepsi and Kitkat, are laying now. :love They lay identical turquoise color eggs that I cannot tell apart. Their eggs are the only ones that I have trouble to tell. My old legbar and blue ameraucana laid the same blue color eggs but different size and shape, so I always knew who laid what. I never had turquoise color eggs before, and they are very pretty. I just wish they could be slightly different color or shape.
Ooo turquoise eggs! Any pics?

Both two healthy black and lavender ameraucana pullets, Pepsi and Kitkat, are laying now. :love They lay identical turquoise color eggs that I cannot tell apart. Their eggs are the only ones that I have trouble to tell. My old legbar and blue ameraucana laid the same blue color eggs but different size and shape, so I always knew who laid what. I never had turquoise color eggs before, and they are very pretty. I just wish they could be slightly different color or shape.
Blue eggs are the BEST!

I was wrong about KitKat laid the other turquoise eggs! It’s Water, the black ameraucana with nerve damage! I was shocked when she laid an egg in front of me. Her face is still pale, and she still has problems to walk straight and cannot eat very well. I don’t want her to lay yet.

I took a picture of her with her egg this morning, but I cannot post photos anymore?

Edit to add a photo:

Attachments

• 0867BB90-91C1-42A1-BD13-FCF5C2A4A76F.jpeg
    0867BB90-91C1-42A1-BD13-FCF5C2A4A76F.jpeg
    513.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi Dennis, I think Baicalin does work somewhat. Hershey no longer has diarrhea and breaths easier. However, she still can only lay down and her neck twists 180 degree to her back. She hasn't sit up for about 10 days. I have been tube feed her twice a day, and she seems getting stronger. I know I shouldn't tube feed a chicken that cannot sit up, but I have no choice so I take the risk. I usually hold her for a half hour to a hour after feeding to make sure she doesn't throw up. I think she had LPAI and Marek attack at the same time, so she got so sick so quickly. I hope it will work out, but I'm prepared for the worst. :(

Welp it's happened. I have at least two geese that are sitting with a third actively attempting! Now begins the crazy rush to try and fix fencing and get repairs done in time so that way we don't lose goslings to holes in the floor or too wide fencing... again. This is exactly why I wanted to get that stuff done before they started nesting but my back said no.

Welp it's happened. I have at least two geese that are sitting with a third actively attempting! Now begins the crazy rush to try and fix fencing and get repairs done in time so that way we don't lose goslings to holes in the floor or too wide fencing... again. This is exactly why I wanted to get that stuff done before they started nesting but my back said no.
Yesterday I had to pull 2 female pilgrims off the nests to collect eggs. Each of them was on there for hours, so I think they have some intention of going broody, but I will be taking all their eggs every day until they give up.
They sure act fierce, hissing and bobbing their heads, but when you grab them by their neck they decide to leave the nest in a hurry.

In other news, I just finished pulling about 350 chicks from the hatchers. Will get the rest later today. Good chance I will end up with more than 400, but about half are males.

First babies of the season! I don't think the ameraucana is pure. Dad may be the silver spangled spitzhauben. Mom did make a great escape for a couple hours right before I started collecting eggs lol. It's a cute little thing though!

View attachment 3395262
You have a Spitzhauben?? I'd love one!! My friend has one, but says she can't distinguish the eggs from others unless catching her in the box. Where are you located? I'm in eastern PA in Royersford.

You have a Spitzhauben?? I'd love one!! My friend has one, but says she can't distinguish the eggs from others unless catching her in the box. Where are you located? I'm in eastern PA in Royersford.

I'm way on the other side of the state near Altoona/ Ebensburg/ Johnstown. I believe @dheltzel would be closer to you and has spitzhaubens. I actually gave away my spitz roo about a month ago anyway so I don't have them anymore now.

Back
Top Bottom