Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Took the first chicks of 2024 from the hatcher today. Will have a few chicks for sale in a few days. Ayam cemani, Copper Marans, Cream Legbars, and some Lavender/Isabel Olive Egger project chicks. Also hatched a bunch more quail.
We had a several hour power outage when these eggs we about 15 days into incubation. The temp inside the incubator dropped into the 60's, so I was prepared for a poor hatch. Chicks inside there had a strong will to live.

Hello y'all. I'm from north West pa and am looking for some chicks/pullets for sale near me to expand my flock. My ladies are all retired and just run around the yard all day having the time of their life and I need eggs. Because stores are too expensive and just don't taste right. Can anyone help me out. I live in mercer county

Hello y'all. I'm from north West pa and am looking for some chicks/pullets for sale near me to expand my flock. My ladies are all retired and just run around the yard all day having the time of their life and I need eggs. Because stores are too expensive and just don't taste right. Can anyone help me out. I live in mercer county
:welcome

If you are ok with mail order chicks, dheltzel will have lots of nice chicks soon. His chickens all have great personality and very healthy. He has lots of hard-to-find breeds too. You can check his website: http://welbars.com . But he is at the east side of PA, so shipping will be much easier for you. I'm at center PA and it's 3 hour drive for me to pickup chicks at his place. You can also check your local breeders, but be aware of potential diseases their chickens could carry. If you want to get chicks from local stores, Rural king currently has chicks, and TSC will have their chick sale start soon.

Finally got that new incubator full! It has a capacity of 700 chicken eggs. A few of the trays are not completely full, but some have quail eggs, so there are well over 700 eggs in there!
535 eggs set tonight!
The last setting (due 2/18) had a LOT of duds, I think a combo of short days keeping some roosters low in hormones and the cold snap that likely damaged some eggs, killing the embryo but not cracking the shell. The eggs that were fertile hatched ok, though, so the new hatcher seems to be working too.

Hello y'all. I'm from north West pa and am looking for some chicks/pullets for sale near me to expand my flock. My ladies are all retired and just run around the yard all day having the time of their life and I need eggs. Because stores are too expensive and just don't taste right. Can anyone help me out. I live in mercer

I will have chicks "later"- late spring-early summer, a few things have taken precedence over hatching right now unfortunately, so maybe we could help you out with your "later-chick/pullet needs, but we will have extras .
We will have BLRWyandottes, possible black laced, maybe even splash. Never know.
Hoping to get a couple Brahmas also, and there will be mixes in there too..
maran/ wyandotte/ cochin/ brahma/ orphinton..
I will post here when chicks are available and when some have grown out.
I personally like to start that way also when I can.
Can't agree with you more on the store bought eggs, no comparison.
If & when this would work out we could go from there, there is lots of time in between.
There are lots of other choices available too as "Tilly" described.
Dheltzel is amazing in his projects!
SO very happy to enable..er..help anyone in their chicken happiness, just like so many have done for me!!
Always- Danielle
(*in the Clinton Co. area)

Call ducks available in Columbia county. My flock of call ducks was very productive this year. All the 2023 young are now grown and time to downsize the numbers. Some 1-2 year olds available too. Various colors in both genders available for new homes.
by any chance do you have some you are selling we live on a farm but had a dog that liked ducks a little too much if your catching my drift but he was 16yo and we put him down but on the bright side now we can get ducks and the lil calls are soo cute and we have the perfect property we are wanting to get them in April but I probably cant remember to ask in April soooo here it is

Back
Top Bottom