Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thanks! I knew people her would be sympathetic and help out! I wish I could have taken more. I would have LOVED more of her Speckled Sussex hens since the one my husband brought home is beautiful. A coop only has so much room though........

Quote:
Lol! Thanks!! I did what I could do with what I had! I think it turned out pretty well. I know have 12 hens and one rooster in there. Maybe I will add more one day.......chickens are like potato chips !!

So I'm out in the coop today, showing my daughter how I re-purposed an old armoire into a nesting center. While we were standing there, a little chick of some sort came right up to the coop opening. It kind of looked like a chicken but then again, not.... I gathered it up and held it close, while sending the girls to fetch my dog crate from the basement. We put in some pine shavings, feeder and waterer and set the mysterious chickie inside. After googling different species, I think it is a grouse. the most beautiful eyes it has. Very calm looking. I'm not sure what to do with her, but she can stay for awhile. Anyone have any insight on grouse? Would this grouse chick get along with the flock?

I would love to see a pic of your new nest center as well as the grouse chick! I can not help you with what to do with the little one though. I am sure someone else who raise other birds can help!

Quote:
If I could find the adapter for my camera, I could load pics to show you, Cathy. I've been hunting for it now about 3 weeks...
barnie.gif
I'll keep looking... and I reposted to the Other Pets forum...maybe someone will see it there who knows about grouse. I read they like to eat clover...That I have lot of...for cover crop...

Quote:
If I could find the adapter for my camera, I could load pics to show you, Cathy. I've been hunting for it now about 3 weeks...
barnie.gif
I'll keep looking... and I reposted to the Other Pets forum...maybe someone will see it there who knows about grouse. I read they like to eat clover...That I have lot of...for cover crop...

oh no, I hate that!!! Hope you find it one day!

Gonna try to post a pic of my new rooster from that poor woman who has to rehome everyone. He seems quite healthy other than his tail needs to regrow lol! One of the new ones keeps picking it though. I may have to step in. The only other thing is he keeps shaking his head. I do not think mites cause she used DE and I do not think gapeworm since they were in an indoor run. Will dust just in case of mites. I have read rooster can develop that as a sort of nervous tick too....strange the things you learn!

Well here goes nothing with the pics

8490_rooster_1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom