Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Must be first egg day! Obviously one of my two SLW. Now I hope they learn to use the nest box.
Very nice. Congrats!
clap.gif

I said that too! Kinda shocked me really. I'm going to see if I can find homes for most of them. I have taken heart to the wee lil one and brown one. It was good meeting you too. And as I sat with the laptop and chicks on my lap I believe too that they are all roos, one is questionable but all in all they all look like lil boys. You can add one to your girls later and have a younger man to take care of your girls :D

Sounds great! Hopefully the questionable one turns out to be a hen. I know i read on here that sometimes they surprise you. Definitely going to add a roo in the not too distant future to protect the gals, I think my setup could accommodate one more.

Aww... how is the wee little one doing?

Anyone disagree about it being a cockerel with that comb? They are six weeks on Monday, but with only one having a visible comb, let alone that big ...
On a more interesting note (to me), my older chicks are getting very friendly. I had two on my back while I was petting a third. Another went to land on my back just as I was straightening up. It has only been the past week that everyone has started coming around.

He was a houdan, I had too many roosters so he had to go. I have more breeds (silkie, turken, delaware, etc) just not had a chance to post pictures yet.

Sounds great! Hopefully the questionable one turns out to be a hen. I know i read on here that sometimes they surprise you. Definitely going to add a roo in the not too distant future to protect the gals, I think my setup could accommodate one more.
Aww... how is the wee little one doing?
The wee one is doing well. he/she sat next to me in the truck the whole way home, went in the post office with me to get mail and all. I have a chicken spoiling problem and that wee lil one is going to know it.

Back
Top Bottom