Penny's Settings (Photos)

Kung Foo Chicken

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
Upstate, South Carolina
I used my broody hen (Buff Orp/Leghorn cross) to get her settings and see what she got. The humidity under her has remained a constant 56% from day 5 till they started hatching and it went up to 70% once eggs started hatching. Her temp has been 100.1 f.

She had 100% hatch of 8 Mille Fleur D'uccles on day 21.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
aww they are beautiful! Looks like you have her in some kind of enclosure outside? I am looking for suggestions on what to do with Mama and her chicks when they hatch. They are so cute!

Quote:
Thanks, yes they are in one of those small plastic doghouse things. I cut the wire on the small run to an exact fit and the front of the house fits into the small pen. It's kinda hard to describe but, to take it loose I have to lift up on the back of the house and pull backwards so they are relatively safe in their own small pen. The roof is lifted off for photos here.

Penny's twin is sitting on 8 more due soon. I suppose I will call her Minney.
big_smile.png

big_smile.png

Last edited:
Not so lol! My brother and I saved our lunch money when we were 8 and 10 and sent in an order for 10 to McMurray. They sent us back a note that we didn't order enough. So we've been wanting these type of chickens for 23 years!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom