People amaze me.. Update

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lovesduckies, Nov 28, 2011.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    I am doing a debate on humazing animals in my animal science class and you wouldn't believe the stuff I have found!!! People dying their pets fur!! Tattooing their pets!!! Leaving inheritance for pets!!! What the heck is wrong with people!? Don't get me wrong I LOOOOVE animals which is why I'm going to school to be a vet tech but let the animals be animals!! They aren't toys!!!

Would you dye your pets fur? Do you think that could fall under animal cruelty?

ETA: when I say leave money for pets, I mean leave whole estates for pets like Drew Berrymoore. I can understand leaving money to make sure your pet is cared for, but leaving a whole house to the pet?

In the case of tattoos, I understand tattoos are needed for identification. In the case I'd tattoos on an animal for a fashion statement or what have you... Really? But to each is own not something I would do.

In the case of clothing for your animal, yes I understand some animals need to be clothed to be kept warm or for other protection. But personally I don't like dressing animals up for our entertainment. Every dog I know hates it but the owner still does it and it doesn't look very cute to me. Again, to each is own.

In the case if pet dye, yeah not cute, not natural. Sorry, but like someone else has posted, I don't even really wear make up eye liner and mascara maybe but that's it

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    The tattoos are often ways to identify the animal as being owned, just had a friend have her tattoo'd dog returned to her. No idea why not microchipped other than maybe it was not as available.

And some rescue organizations (feral cats) tat a green line on a female cats belly to show others rescuers that it has already been spayed. I think the local rescue does a clipped corner on their ear to show it has been altered. Saves on stressing the cat out being caught a second time and a second surgery.

3. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    I have no problem with someone that thinks it would be cool to have a pink poodle. I've seen that, think it's inane but certainly harmless.

Many animals are tattooed for identification purposes, never heard of it being done for ornamentation or "spiritual" reasons.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have no descendants. If I die with any assets, I will certainly bequeath whatever is soluble to a couple of animal sanctuaries, in my pets' names. With funds to get my pets there, should there be no friends to take them for me.

5. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Over here, when an animal gets spayed the vet legally has to put a small tattoo on the inside of their ear it can be a squiggle for all anyone cares, or a few dots ( my cat looks like he has 3 green freckles in his ear) so that they are identified as Spayed, and its easier for adoption centers or the pound to check if they are spayed by looking at their ears.

edit: typing after not having any coffee, not such a good idea..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i guess i needed to be more specific with the tattooing thing.. i've seen pictures of dogs with like a heart tattoo or a tattoo that says i love humans. that is ridicules. i can totally understand the tattooing for a needed purpose, i just hope the animal had an anesthetic

7. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:Yes it would be while they are under the anesthesia from the spaying [​IMG] they wake up not knowing a thing

I one saw a Jet black Poodle with a Hot pink paw print dyed into its fur, i think it was at a charity outing for pets... and have read that book painted cats, which they are painted with water based dye i think.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:Yes it would be while they are under the anesthesia from the spaying [​IMG] they wake up not knowing a thing

I one saw a Jet black Poodle with a Hot pink paw print died into its fur, i think it was at a charity outing for pets... and have read that book painted cats, which they are painted with water based dye i think.

i have seen from research that it is "safe" for the pet, but why? it looks dumb in my opinion and it's not like the animal even knows or cares really. their minds aren't as complex as ours. it's all for selfish human entertainment. i don't think that sitting there while having their fur colored is fun for them. i think it might actually stress them out more than anything.

9. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Quote:I want to be a vet tech too and i love my Mucscovy ducks hence the name duckylover11

10. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT

I one saw a Jet black Poodle with a Hot pink paw print died into its fur, i think it was at a charity outing for pets... and have read that book painted cats, which they are painted with water based dye i think.

i have seen from research that it is "safe" for the pet, but why? it looks dumb in my opinion and it's not like the animal even knows or cares really. their minds aren't as complex as ours. it's all for selfish human entertainment. i don't think that sitting there while having their fur colored is fun for them. i think it might actually stress them out more than anything.

I would say it depends on the temperament of the animals, some just sit there going WOOO! ATTENTION! others are like :| this bores me, i know the poodle i saw with the pink paw print on its hip was for a fund raising for the local pet shelter [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by