People who want to sell something but never get back to you!!!

tonini3059

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
Southwestern PA
It all started after christmas when we bought some peafowl that unknowingly to us were sick, but the stupid lady knew. It cost us our 100+ chickens, 7 ornamental (fully colored) pheasants, call ducks, mandarins, and other peafowl.
After a couple months of disinfecting and burning down the old pens and rebuilding, we are looking to replace our lost birds and came across a guy who is selling everything we wanted at awesome prices. I was so happy to finally get some replacements.
I saw on several add sites this person placed adds on. I emailed them and they never emailed me back, yet when my husband emailed them the exact same thing I did he returned the message. He told him what he has available and my husband said he wanted them. The guy never emailed us back. So about a week ago I decided that maybe email wasn't their thing so I decided to call to see if I can be put on their list for pheasant chicks and ducklings, I called and left a message about an hour later the guy called me back and said well we are going to eat dinner I will have my wife call you tomorrow. I said ok that is great I will talk to you tomorrow then. Tomorrow and then the next 3 days past and no call so I decided to call back to see if they lost my number. No one answered and I left a message. That was 4 days ago. I did a search looking for pheasants and another add was posted by the same user looking to sell his birds after we contacted him.
Has this happened to anyone else?? I am so mad i just miss my birds and want new ones!!

Last edited:
I am so sorry you lost all of those birds! How awful!

That sounds really odd that he wouldn't be jumping through hoops to get back to you. My goodness in todays economy if you wanted to buy my pie plate for 50 cents I would sell it to you! I put more effort into selling eggs for $2 than he is.

We were interested in a camper on Craigslist a while back. It was a ways away and would have been quite a drive so we wanted to make sure it was what we wanted first. The wife didn't know what size it was. The husband called us back and he didn't know so he gave us the sons phone number. Turns out none of them knew a darn thing about it and they couldn't find a tape measure either! We finally just gave up!

I have run into people like that in other area than poultry. Just move on to someone else for it is not worth your time time track them down. They are so busy and not business oriented so do not have their stuff together when it comes to calling back and coming thru. They are a waste of your valuble time so find some other breeders that are better organized.

Thanks, it was awful losing everything. Every time one of our new birds sneeze my hubby freaks out and think that they have the same thing. I feel bad he was the one who had to dispose of everything I did not have the heart to do it. I have been looking but I cannot find anyone close by and the ones I do want a fortune for their birds. And since we have to replace so much I can't afford to pay double what most people would charge. Especially since before we were making money off of selling eggs so we could afford to pay a little mark up.

Yes, this happen to me this week also. I lost out on a breed I wanted and ended up buying a diff. breed from someone else. Then they e-mail me 5 days after they said they would and said come get them. now it's to late, I haven't any room and time wise I can't go pick them up. They had a good reason for being late but 1 simple e-mail and I could have waited.
sad.png

Maybe next year

my gut would be telling me I didnt want to buy from him anyway. I dont give people that many chances to call me back.

I've run into the exact opposite on here. I have had people tell me they want to buy something and then I never hear from them again.

A week or so ago I had someone want to buy sebbie eggs and she asked me to send her a paypal invoice, so I did. I packed up the eggs and waited all afternoon for a response. Nothing.

So, it goes both ways. I know I was very frustrated as I bet you are, but if you want those birds, keep calling!

This time of year is just crazy on poultry farms, especially if this guy is anything like we have going here. I try to be responsive and answer all emails and phone calls, but I got so many calls I took my phone number off of my web site. It's just too much to keep up with sometimes. I prefer everything coming in through email, so I can keep a running tracking system. I know it's no excuse, but I would consider what he may be going through on his end. It's a busy season this year and from what I'm seeing much busier than the past 5 years. Then add in normal life responsibilities, family and work, things get hectic. I'd keep trying too, especially if they're typically reputable and have something you want.

Jean- I know what you mean on that one. That's frustrating when it works out like that.

I respond to ads on CL all of the time and most of the time I get emails back and sometimes I don't. It's frustrating and just plain rude when you don't get a response back. I don't see the point of putting an ad online if your not going to respond to people or at least if you sold the item let me know. The lack of respect these days irritates the heck out of me
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom