people with a lot of kids! I have a few questions?????

Well, we have 5 kids, live in an old farmhouse with 2 bedrooms(but we have just recently started to renovate the older part of the house into 2 bedrooms and a playroom). My 3 youngest kids share one room. Our bedroom is like a loft area, no "official" walls to separate it and make it a closed in area. Our basement is old, cobwebby and made of stone, and you can barely stand in it, so we don't have much storage down there, although, when the kids are bad, we threaten to send them down there for their "time out", LOL. Laundry is never ending , I do about 2 loads a day. My house is a complete mess most of the time with toys everywhere. We just recently got a bigger kitchen table free, off of Craigslist, it has an extension in it, so we just need a few more matching chairs.
Wish I could get my older kids to help out with the chores, they will only do it if there is money involved.
Everything will work out fine for you!!! Sending loads of hugs your way. Wish we could have another one too, but we already took 2 too many chances after our 6 yr old was diagnosed with Hurlers Syndrome, so I guess we are out of lucky. ( my hubby promised to have a certain little surgery done right after our youngest was born, well, it's been 20 months and still no "snip snip".)
What would he ever do if we added on to the family.....

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Johnny. I knew we were alike......I am # 8........but of 9........the baby girl......
big_smile.png

Tons of good practical advice from everyone.........thats why I love this forum
hugs.gif

There were 5 kids in my family including a set of twins. We each had our own chores to do and on Saturdays we would do a full cleaning. My older sister would help take care of the youngest brother. I remember mom doing laundry all day. The "wringer" washer was in the basement , and she would put the baby in a high chair beside it while she did the wringing. I also remember standing on a chair with my twin brother doing dishes. The house was never immaculately clean, she would say that we live in our house, it's not a showplace. I have 3 kids, ages 14, 11, and 4. They all have thier own chores, which includes laundry, dishes, dusting , vacuming and feeding animals. Even the 4 yr old has to keep the toys picked up. Don't worry, just enjoy your little blessings, the housework will be there forever, your kids won't be kids forever.

Back
Top Bottom