people with house chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by iluvcks, Feb 20, 2010.

1. kukupecpec

kukupecpec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    They are awesome little chickens! I'd really like to get some cochin, i even have a couple eggs in the bator with my current seramas batch, but nothing looks good, almost everything froze horribly in transit =(
    I think one of my girls might be a serama Cochin cross though! Got her from my feed store in trade for some roosters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do you think?
    I LOOOOVE her little bubble tail. It looks flat in the pictures, but it's actually very wide, it's a big bubble - we call her bubble butt =P

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. PhantomChikkinz

PhantomChikkinz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2013
    Lockhart, TX
    So glad to hear Sunni is doing so well! And @kukupecpec those are such beautiful birds. I've heard how fragile they can be. I got my babies from a wonderful chicken place, so I figured I'd be alright, but some little ones just don't pull through, no matter who hatched them.

3. Tacampbell1973

Tacampbell1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2013
    Washington State

4. kukupecpec

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    Thanks! They aren't "show quality" serama, but they are prefect for me. Toy Boy takes care of the WHOLE flock, even the LF ladies and the 2 BLRW roos submit to his rule. It's hilarious!
    I get most of my eggs from Bhep here on BYC. Toy, Berry, and their baby Junior (the three sitting together all cute!) and bubble butt are from elsewhere. When it's not freezing outside I've had great luck with her eggs, and they are always in so many different colors! Which of course is half the fun of hatching serama dive they don't breed true to color.

5. Tacampbell1973

Tacampbell1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2013
    Washington State

6. kukupecpec

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    Oh my
    Oh my gosh! What cuties!
    Too funny about the bath though! I usually go for the hair dryer, Rowling is so much work, and my chickens and goose who are used top the hair dryer LOVE it, they preen and fluff and get all into it. It's hilarious!

7. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Did someone say House chickens??? Here is Pippi & Peanut my part time house chickens...

[​IMG]

They are VERY small [if not micro] Seramas and they sleep with me on my night stand next to my bed. We watch TV for an hour and they love to snuggle on me. HEAVEN! Both are breeder "culls" but to me they are beyond beautiful! They are also the UN-official CA. state ambassadors for the breed. They come with me to poultry shows so I can tell the world how great these birds are.

So sorry to hear about all the "predator" problems of late... :( So GLAD to hear that Sunni's eyes are dilating..OHMYGOSH that is such a good sign :cd
    The outside predators are VERY active this time of year as food become more scarce, be so careful free ranging....keep yer birdies safe....:love

8. kukupecpec

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    Aww look at those cuties!!!
    Taco used to roost on my headboard when he was a 24/7 diaper wearer. It was perfect, at first crow I would grab him and bring him down under the covers to snuggle until I was ready to wake up lol. They are great little snuggle birds aren't they!

9. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    I'm afraid I have more bad news :( One of my silkie babies is gone. :( Mama and Snowy are ok, but Junior is missing. I'm thinking either a Hawk or something else got him.

10. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Overrun With Chickens

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan

Oh no!! :( I hope you find her! :hugs My Black Australorp went missing this summer after a hawk attack, and I couldn't find her anywhere. I thought she was gone. But she showed up after 5 hours. I still have no idea where she was. I hope your silkie is just hiding too. :hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by