people with house chickens

LULU the little one with the yellow on her head
haven't named the other one yet

Dottie the splash Maran
Minnie the blue Maran

These are 4 new additions to the large flock. Not sure if both the Marans are females yet though lol If not they go back for exchange bec I can't
have roos where I'm at. I am still adding a Silver laced Wyandotte and 2 Black Australorps. Then we are ready to build the coop!

LULU the little one with the yellow on her head
haven't named the other one yet

Dottie the splash Maran
Minnie the blue Maran

These are 4 new additions to the large flock. Not sure if both the Marans are females yet though lol If not they go back for exchange bec I can't
have roos where I'm at. I am still adding a Silver laced Wyandotte and 2 Black Australorps. Then we are ready to build the coop!

What adorable little babies!!!! I love the splash especially!

Congrats on the hatch, @yoyobantam !!!

I told ya that you'd stress on the little things that happen, but it works out!
smile.png

I had two more hatch today myself, and believe me... It never gets old!

I also just have to share this with everyone, because I'm just so stupidly overjoyed with how my Sizzilkie project is coming along.

This is one of the babies I decided to keep:

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me to be able to share this with you
smile.png
Hi Long Distance Brother,
What a cutie, you have no idea how hppy everyone is to see such cute babies...I have about two weeks til hatch(hopefully) and currently setting with three broodies. My little white chicken Faith isn't broody but little sister Hope is. She's still a baby herself. Heres hoping that I can share some cute baby pics real soon too. Congratulations Chicken Daddy.

Hi Long Distance Brother,
What a cutie, you have no idea how hppy everyone is to see such cute babies...I have about two weeks til hatch(hopefully) and currently setting with three broodies. My little white chicken Faith isn't broody but little sister Hope is. She's still a baby herself. Heres hoping that I can share some cute baby pics real soon too. Congratulations Chicken Daddy.

Thanks Theresa!!! How's my favorite sis? :)

Really looking forward to seeing your babies also! Did I read correctly that you had SIX hens go broody?

So,the little pullet with the pecked head is recovering nicely. The ducks are making total pigs of themselves! The babies that I moved outside with the big girls are adjusting well. The sun is shining as all is well ......for the moment!

I think I broke my chickens...
They spent the better part of the afternoon/evening outside while I St with them. No dustbathing at all. The instant we came inside the house, all three plopped down to dustbath on some towels/sheets.
What have I done to their little chicken brains!?

ahh...bliss! Until the next big thing
Isnt that the truth! LOL
I think I say on a weekly basis that i just get out of one crises with my birds and headfirst into the next....Whoever said trouble comes in three's never had chickens....or Guineas. I feel like I am taking care of a group of preschoolers with my Guineas. They always try to grab and run away with stuff when I work in the yard, they are completely nosy (and noisy) when I set down gardening tools they have to run over and inspect it thoroughly. Never ever a dull moment at my house. To the point that I have thanked my lucky stars that I don't have neighbors...Three in the morning it isn't completely abnormal to see me climbing trees or my carport in my bathrobe with a flashlight trying to catch escaped Guineas.....Or running after them in the yard and trying to dive between two males when the fight starts to get too serious...But still I love them.
Case in Point - my "kids" discovered a dead field mouse that I had thrown out of my feed room. By the time I raced in to get my tablet to take a pic, they had already been staring down this dead mouse for a good solid 7 or 8 minutes. I finally had to fling it into the raspberries so the birds would go play.

Back
Top Bottom