people with house chickens

Pics
MsChickenMomma, I see that your picture is the picture of the week! Congrats!
wee.gif

Maddie was a bantam (smaller poops) and her diaper had quite a large pouch so maybe thats why i didnt have to change it as often. Some days it was more times but no matter the day i would check it often. She wasnt bad at all.

I think back to my standard birds at the farm and their droppings were massive lol.
I definitely know what you mean about "standard" poops! LOL
My little Taco lived in his diaper 24/7 so he roosted next to my bed with the diaper on. The poop cup was big enough that he could go all night and the poop wouldn't touch his feathers, but during the day I just changed it whenever he pooped since he was always with me so I could *smell* it even when it was just one little pooh. Ewy lol

@MsChickenMomma I just use cling wrap and it works just like a charm.
smile.png
That is actually genius! Where did you get that idea? I should try that with Trina and Pom, see if it works with the wet goose poop, I'd use the cling between the paper towel and the diaper, but it would save an extra wipe with a wet wipe and keep the diaper from getting stinky longer.

That is actually genius! Where did you get that idea? I should try that with Trina and Pom, see if it works with the wet goose poop, I'd use the cling between the paper towel and the diaper, but it would save an extra wipe with a wet wipe and keep the diaper from getting stinky longer. 

It just kinda popped into my mind, haha. :) you should try it, it works really well.

It just kinda popped into my mind, haha.
smile.png
you should try it, it works really well.
I definitely will! I was all gung-ho about "reusable" liners, but there seem to be so many cheap ideas now. The "house goose" community is pretty set on using pieces of actual baby diapers in their goose diapers, WAY too expensive for me. I will let you know how it works out!

Louise's country closet has great diapers! I have several for my girls. What a great idea about the cling wrap! I had been pinning in Saran Wrap, not so easy.

Congrats again Mschickenmomma!!

Love the new house additions realsis! What kind are they?

Chickenpeep, ebony is adorable!

Y'all would like the group on Facebook "the chickenistas" it's a super friendly group like all the people on here!

Back
Top Bottom