people with house chickens

Napoliana preens my hair (grabs it pulls it.)... it kinda hurts sometimes. She gets so mad if I don't sit and let her do it. Did Peep enjoy pulling hair? is it preening or is it some other chicken thing? She seems so happy while she patiently sits on the back of the couch waiting for her next victim... I mean client..
1f60f.png
lol

Aww...she is ADORABLE
love.gif
And pretty coloring!!! And yes..Peep used to preen my husband..LOL! Would hop up on the back of the couch and preen away. She would never pull any of his hair out...he has a buzz cut. And wasn't really rough unless she accidently pecked his head..LOL! I just think she was fascinated by his hair..LOL! She would peck at mine every now and then when it caught her attention, but it is long and she never liked that!

This is me and my house chicky Pumpkin. Pumpkin is sneaking in a few bites of pizza as you can see!

Pumpkin is a cutie! There's no onion or onion seasoning on that pizza? Onion, onion salt, onion powder, causes illness in chickens, dogs too. The bread part of pizza is ok. How old is Pumpkin? Chickens are such good pets!

Pumpkin is a cutie!  There's no onion or onion seasoning on that pizza?  Onion, onion salt, onion powder, causes illness in chickens, dogs too.  The bread part of pizza is ok.  How old is Pumpkin?  Chickens are such good pets!

Nope, no onion. I'm careful with her! Just cheesy pizza goodness and her being in molt and this pizza place being good as far as ingredients go let her sneak a few bites as the protein is good for her right now! She is a year old!! Birthday is August 2nd 2015!

Nope, no onion. I'm careful with her! Just cheesy pizza goodness and her being in molt and this pizza place being good as far as ingredients go let her sneak a few bites as the protein is good for her right now! She is a year old!! Birthday is August 2nd 2015!

She is so cute - chickens are such loves! Watch out for seasoning in the pizza sauce which has spices, garlic, and onion flavors added. Read a pizza sauce label sometime and see what ingredients are hidden in the sauce. Also the pepperoni and sausages too. Just a heads up
smile.png

I am a chicken virgin up to 8 days ago. I did homework before making this decision.. I am not expert on breeds yet.. But got three lovely hens 11 months old. To my amazement, the head cheese, I named her honey she is a dark orange/red amercauana... This little lady, I now call her Fearless Freida.. She has made friends with my Collie, chichuahua and 2 cats... She walks in the house, like she owns the place, it just cracks me up. I lost my husband to cancer this past July. I think me and my dogs have been so depressed. These hens have a put a glimmer of love and joy in our hearts in just a few days, I balled my eyes out in the garage today, my dogs, 1 cat and all three hens in there with me, just being peaceful and gracious to one another.. I am so glad I did this. My home came with a large kennel, chain link fence, concrete around the kennel and on the floor with a drain in the corner. Bought a coop at True Wilco, put it together myself, and a week later my brother took me out to where he got his chickens. I am just amazed, and a newby, and just wanted to share my special bond with these hens, who are laying about 4 eggs a day since arriving. We are doing well!

Last edited:
I am a chicken virgin up to 8 days ago. I did homework before making this decision.. I am not expert on breeds yet.. But got three lovely hens 11 months old. To my amazement, the head cheese, I named her honey she is a dark orange/red amercauana... This little lady, I now call her Fearless Freida.. She has made friends with my Collie, chichuahua and 2 cats... She walks in the house, like she owns the place, it just cracks me up. I lost my husband to cancer this past July. I think me and my dogs have been so depressed. These hens have a put a glimmer of love and joy in our hearts in just a few days, I balled my eyes out in the garage today, my dogs, 1 cat and all three hens in there with me, just being peaceful and gracious to one another.. I am so glad I did this. My home came with a large kennel, chain link fence, concrete around the kennel and on the floor with a drain in the corner. Bought a coop at True Wilco, put it together myself, and a week later my brother took me out to where he got his chickens. I am just amazed, and a newby, and just wanted to share my special bond with these hens, who are laying about 4 eggs a day since arriving. We are doing well!

Hi There!
frow.gif

So glad you are enjoying your girls!!!! YES...chickens are amazing pets and bring so much love, laughter and joy to our lives!!! So sorry about the loss of your husband
hugs.gif
And so glad that you have fur and feather babies in your life to love and enjoy!!! Post pics when you get a chance!!! BYC is an amazing place to meet chicken people and get info/advice and support when need! Happy chicken adventures!!!!

welcome-byc.gif

Animals are great therapy and of course we favor the chickens for their innocence and we love their quick attachment toward us humans!

Back
Top Bottom