Perching on coop roof? Normal??

kfisher123

Songster
12 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Verona Wisconsin
Tonight we went out to see if our 9 week old silkies were "getting ready for bed" yet and we found 2 on the roof of their coop! See picture....is this normal? Does this indicate that they are unhappy in their house? Do both boys and girls do this? Thanks for any help!!
tongue.png

95607_august_2011_007.jpg

95607_august_2011_005.jpg

95607_august_2011_006.jpg

Oh, adoreable coop and daughter! Those silkies are just darling. I think it's fine, because they just like a high place to sit sometimes, but they will poop all over that beautiful little coop.....
wink.png

lau.gif
:lau:lau:lau:lau. Your Silkies are soooooooooooooooo cute. I have 4-7 week olds, I hope mine fly that well in a few weeks. Also, beautiful chicken house(and your daughter is too cute too), great job.

That is the cutest coop I have ever seen!
I'm gushing all over the place...had to run with my laptop to show my Mom.
She said "If you want a cute coop like that you'll have to downsize your flock a bit" No cute coop for me! xD
I would say that's normal.
I'm wondering how your silkies got up so high though! I have to help my lady sometimes.
tongue.png

That is a very sweet coop! Did you put it in for consideration for the calendar?

I had 6 BR and 2 roos in a small coop. Although the roos sat on the floor, I guess the hens didn't like that, and took to roosting out on the roof. The coop was in an enclosed kennel. That's how they went through the NJ winter! i wrapped the kennel in plastic, tarped the top, and put a heat lamp in there. And I got eggs throughout winter, too. And now they are in a roomy 8X8, no more poop on the coop!

Back
Top Bottom