Perfect peacock to hen ratio?

Good points. I've been thinking along those lines too. I kind of have my heart set on hatching, though. I know I'm jumping the gun a little looking for eggs, but I didn't know if you have to get on waiting lists or reserve them because of their limited availability.
Now you got me thinking that I should buy chicks and make sure they're not related so they can mate in the future. How reliable is peafowl sexing when they 're chicks?

Welcome! I live 6 hrs from Spokane ( not sure where you are) but visit my parents that live near Missoula MT. If you're ever near there let me know. I'm hoping to get fertile eggs this spring:) I don't want to hatch too many as I don't really want to keep them (which will happen if I hatch cause I love babies!) I need to save room for another different colored pair I'm wanting:)

WW,as all members here raises diffrent colors-mutations of peafowl,and some members don't have the same colors of peafowl,depending on how many and what colors you own determines in a sense,how good you are at sexing peachicks. Some sexed linked colors can be sexed right after they hatch,others can take weeks to a few months until feathers start to change colors. We raise a lot of colors of black shouldered peacocks here and regardless of if they are Midnight B/S ,Opal B/S ,Black Shoulder Silver Pied,India Blue B/S,Purple B/S,,They are all yellow when they hatch.until feathers actually starts to come in at about a month,,then start getting pigment in them,they are a 50/50 guess when it comes to knowing 100% their sex.

Back
Top Bottom