Performing Chicken Surgery tonight! Advice?!?! I'm scared!! {Pics}

Let us know how it goes....sending good vibes your way!
hugs.gif

How did it go? I hope she's OK. Sending good thoughts your way.

Thanks for the sweet messages, it was a rough night and rough morning. She's not doing well. I cut down into what should be the core, but nothing. Just flesh. She was great during the whole procedure, cooing at me the whole time. The best I can tell, it must be a tumor or growth of some kind. There just simply was no infection that I could find, no bad smell, no oozing junk, just flesh.

This morning she isn't walking and has no appetite. I got her to drink a little and forced her to eat a little but I don't think it will be long until I lose her.

Sad morning here. Why does it always have to be your favorites that seem to have the problems? I hatched out two of her babies for the New Year's hatch, so that's some comfort.

Have to get myself together. Crying at my desk over a chicken in an office work environment. Ugh.

Quote:
Awww, it does seem to wrk that way doesn't it. Our favorites are the ones that have these issues.
hugs.gif
I pat you on the back, you did a great job trying with surgery. I don't know if I could have done that. I can process meaties, cull sick or lame birds, but surgery intimidates me. Good job! So sorry your Olive Egger isn't improving. Good luck.

I am so sorry. I had really hoped it was just an abscess. She is probably shocky from the surgery, so don't expect her to eat too much today. Keep her hydrated and keep up with the course of antibiotics. Maybe she will rally. Some growths are not necessarily malignant. Maybe she has one of the less dangerous types of growth.

I am really sorry. It is always the favorites that have the problems.

I hope she pulls through. Try giving her some scrambled egg mixed with yogurt or buttermilk. She's very stressed, poultry nutri drench to keep her strength up. Keep us informed if you would.

Back
Top Bottom