perkin duck

julie69

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 23, 2013
I purchased to perkin ducks for my sick dad. they live on a large lake with gators. we have had them for 6 months and they never go near the water. they always stay next to the house by the porch. they female has been laying eggs & now has disappeared 1 week ago. our first thoughts is that she has been stolen during the night. today the male was missing for several hours. Is it possible that she is nesting in an area that we cannot find her? If so can she survive that long? I have searched the web for information with no luck. Please help. thank you, Jullie

I purchased to perkin ducks for my sick dad. they live on a large lake with gators. we have had them for 6 months and they never go near the water. they always stay next to the house by the porch. they female has been laying eggs & now has disappeared 1 week ago. our first thoughts is that she has been stolen during the night. today the male was missing for several hours. Is it possible that she is nesting in an area that we cannot find her? If so can she survive that long? I have searched the web for information with no luck. Please help. thank you, Jullie
Well she would need to come out to eat at some point, unless she is finding food close to where she is nesting. If you can watch the drake he may lead you to her. Also if you lived on a lake with gators would you go in the water? I was born and raised in Fl. and know that gators will come up into peoples yards and take their pets, hopefully that hasn't happened to your duck.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom