Permethin question on treating mites

endrit

Songster
May 1, 2019
Ferizaj,Kosovo
I was suggested to use permethin as a solution to chicken mites and bought a "BIO KILL universal"(im not from the US so we dont have the exact products as you,)which contains 0,25g/100g permethin.im planning on using it on the coop aswell as on the chickens.but is it safe to use chickens as it is or should i dilute it.if i should dilute it how much water to add?

I have no idea! There should be directions on the label, or call the company.
Different products are available in different countries, and that one doesn't seem to be available around here.
Mary

I was suggested to use permethin as a solution to chicken mites and bought a "BIO KILL universal"(im not from the US so we dont have the exact products as you,)which contains 0,25g/100g permethin.im planning on using it on the coop aswell as on the chickens.but is it safe to use chickens as it is or should i dilute it.if i should dilute it how much water to add?
This solution is 0.25% (0.25g/100g). Which is actually very dilute compared to what is available in the US. However, you want a 0.05% solution to treat the birds so you will want to dilute what you have 1 part to 4 parts water.
To treat the completely cleaned out and empty coop, dilute it 1 part to 2 parts water. You could also use it full strength on the coop only as it wouldn't hurt. Just keep the birds out of the coop until it is fully dry then rebedded.

I used .25% permethrin poultry dust on a hen and her day old chicks, and I saturated their coop area w it as well. The mites were bad, and this took care of it. It didn't seem to hurt them, and the youngsters are 3 months old now.

I agree with the others. When you spray your coop, spray inside it thoroughly. The spray does not kill the mites eggs so repeated spraying is necessary.There is no egg withdrawal period. Good luck...

If you have a shampoo available for head lice, it often has permethrin in it if you want to bathe the birds.

Back
Top Bottom