Permethrin 10% & eating eggs

I just noticed this is an older thread but the info is still pertinent. There is no egg withdrawal period for permethrin. I wouldn't use it as a preventative because pest can develop a resistance to it. Only use it if you have any pest and then do weekly treatments for 3 or 4 weeks. It does not kill the pests eggs so repeated treatments are necessary for when the pest eggs hatch out. Good luck...

Last edited:
You can get the premixed spray. I also use poultry dust in the nest boxes. Here is a chart from another BYC member. I use the 0.50% solution.
casportponyPermethrinChart.jpg

This is for Permethrin 10.
Permethrin-10.jpg

Attachments

• Permethrin10Concentrate.jpg
    Permethrin10Concentrate.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Martin'sPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    Martin'sPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 9
  • PermethrinSpray.jpg
    PermethrinSpray.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PoultryDust0.25.jpg
    PoultryDust0.25.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 7
  • permethrinDust.jpg
    permethrinDust.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
  • GordonPoultryDust.jpg
    GordonPoultryDust.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 14
Also don't just treat the birds because you suspect they may have mites. Inspect the birds good first. If you don't see anything on them then after they roost check them. I use a headlamp so I have both of my hands free to inspect the birds. Some mites only come out at night and feed on the birds. If you see them at night on the birds you will have to treat your coop inside thoroughly spraying everywhere, every crack and crevice where the mites can hide, weekly for 3 or 4 weeks. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom