Permethrin spray

Pics
Am I to understand correctly that I can treat the coop with a 0.5% solution of permethrin without egg withdrawal or worries?

I currently have an ant infestation and I was seeking solutions. I have a bottle of 28% permethrin that I mix up to treat clothing (mosquito resistant clothes) and the foundation well of my house for ants and termites.

Permethrin can actually be used around foundations and make the soil around a house toxic to termites.

Thanks for your response, I will keep checking them, of course now I've seen them its messing with my brain and I feel all itchy just reading this thread! Also interested to read the straw we've been using in the runs is ideal for mites and lice. Just sourced a big pile of wood chips from a tree surgeon friend, so switching straw for woodchips is this weekends project!
How is it going, using wood chips instead of straw?

Permethrin is great. We use concentrate and mix with water in gallon jugs. We use on all our outdoor/forestry clothing cuz of our tick issues in the summer. Clothing, shoes, socks, hats, etc... and as an added bonus... Chicken/coop/run, bug treatments.
Get some empty gallon jugs, empty sprayers, and you are all set! This stuff is great!!

Update; This summer we've had miserable repeated issues here with mites on our chickens, for the first time ever. We spray, and a month later, they're back!!! We mix the spray fresh every time, and apply as always, and still constant reinfestations are occurring.
We are still using the original bottle of permethrin concentrate, which I'm going to replace tomorrow. We have those rotten house wrens at the coop, and the flock free ranges, so re-exposure is likely too.
Anyone having similar issues? Older permethrin concentrate loose potency? It's frustrating!
I'd love to not have to order spinosad, and would prefer to avoid the many wonderful unapproved products out there too.
Mary

Have you thought about trying the 0.5% concentration? I found a couple with stick tight fleas and that's what I had to do to get them under control.
gordons_7.png

gordons_2.PNG

Yes, I am thinking about using the stronger dilution. :mad: It's been really aggravating this year!!! There's no expiration date on my bottle of Gordon's concentrate, but it hasn't been at room temp all the time either, although not frozen.
Wow! Six oz. of concentrate per gallon of water? Not on the birds, right? Is that what you did?
Mary

Back
Top Bottom