Permit Woes

ChooksinChoppers

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Ocala, Florida.
Our 2 day Florida coop build has dragged to a stop
roll.png
Good news is DD has a varience to keep her silkies, Bad news is county is making us get permits on it
rant.gif
Arrgh! So step one is to get an engineer to make a drawing and stamp it , then apply at even more $ for permit. BUT today he came out and looked at the "australian ground parrot house" and told me what needed to be done to make it permit worthy, which wont be tooooo hard ie add more in the way of rafters and jack up the roof and add another 2x4 all round to make a double "plate" on which the roof will sit. and of course the inevitable hurricane tie downs
smack.gif

Nicest thing of all he says he is not charging us a dime to do the drawings or the stamp
clap.gif
He said he heard we were both on SSD and just couldnt charge us and as well said that the county must be really hurting as they are making people permit for everything even a pidgon(sp?) coop...shesh! He even offered to knock on neighbors (the reportees) door and ask to borrow their jack for the project
gig.gif

Actually my "payment" was to have to listen to him waffle on about his ex and his girlfreind for an hour...but hey..it was worth it
lol.png

Man I feel for you guys with bad neighbors. My dad and I probably should have got a permit for over half the things we've done out here. Luckily we're out in the country and the few neighbors we do have are as bad as us.

Well, on the one hand that kind of sucks. But on the other and maybe bigger hand, isn't it great to know there are still some nice and generous and sensible people left in the world? Your drawings-stamping guy sounds like a gem. Get his address so you can send him some eggs someday
smile.png

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Quote:
Yes it is Pat....I certainly wasn't expecting that. If he had charged me it would be at least $300, the permit itself is "only" $50 .
So far everyone who has seen it can't believe anyone would complain about it! I was searching the code enforcement records yesterday as I wanted to print out the varience for the silkies , and found both their original complaints AND 6 others for this neighborhood all with the neighbors name on them! All of the others had "Anon" or "Dept" on them.
idunno.gif
I think I will get peacock recordings
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom