PERTECTING HOSTAS

goodrich

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Vermont
Isn't there something that I could apply over the plants to distract the birds from eating at them? I had heard Blood Meal might possibly work.?? I also heard spraying them with a solution of vinegar and water. ?? My wife says a properly aimed 22 would do the trick as well, but think I'll pursue some more chicken friendly ideas. If you any tips or tricks.....let me know. Thanks again.

George

I have been spraying Deer Off (commercial product that contains putrified egg, capsaicin and garlic) on my plants to keep the deer from eating them. It seems to deter the chickens as well. However, they still scratch in them, leaving the plants in shambles. If only I could solve that one...

Upside down buckest are protecting my hostas until I can move the hostas to either the front yard or an inaccessible area of my back yard.
roll.png

fence.... that's it...a fence. either fence in the chickens or fence in the hostas. or you could just like the look of hostas with holes. besides the slugs will get to it soon enough...

Connie

Back
Top Bottom