Pet Art!! POST PICTURES OF PETS AND I WILL DRAW THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found this picture so funny that I had to hammer out a sketch and colored pencil of this chicken! I ended up laughing while drawing him, and each time I look at it I laugh again. ;D In any case, I had to add a caption while I was at it, because he's definitely shocked by something.
WOW!! you r reli good! you can draw other ones if u want ; 0
ep.gif

One of the first things you can do that's pretty easy is to print out a good contrast photo, like that one of the australorp, and put tracing paper over it. LOTS of tracing paper, keep drawing over her again and again, see how your hand moves to form the eyes, the head, the general shapes.

GO BIG. Take up an entire sheet of paper with what you're drawing, instead of having it floating all lonely with space around it.

Check books out at the library, or buy them if you can. If you're planning on drawing animals, this book is great: http://www.amazon.com/Draw-Animals-Perigee-Jack-Hamm/dp/0399508023 It shows how you can draw many animals by breaking them down into basic shapes, and then filling them out. There's many other books by that author on how to draw other things too, like people.

Become friends with drawing software. Especially if you're planning on going into art. Turning a photo so it's right side up is one of the simplest things to learn (google is your friend! I use it all the time to help me figure out how to do things I'm not sure of!) but it can also help you balance colors (like if the camera flashed and washed out the color) and to crop the image so you don't see anything but the image. I like to use the GIMP, it's a free program and there's LOTS of tutorials on Youtube on how to use it. It's scary looking at first, but if my boss can figure out how to resize/crop/adjust color on it, then you'll have no problem.

One last thing that will help you out is to invest in a flatbed scanner. My printer/scanner is a canon MP600, nothing super fancy and pretty cheap for how reliable it is. It's over 3 years old and still going strong. With a flatbed scanner, you don't have to worry about camera angle, flash, or any other multitude of things. Just plop it down, hit a button, then use photo editing software to adjust it. The scanner can wait until you're going strong with the drawings though.

Experiment with different media. Use an ink pen and see what happens. Draw on colored paper (my drawing was on a piece of mat board, which is why I have a colored background). Don't be afraid of adding strong shadow on the subject (I didn't push mine very far, could have done a lot better if I put my mind to it). TAKE CLASSES, and learn! :)

One of the first things you can do that's pretty easy is to print out a good contrast photo, like that one of the australorp, and put tracing paper over it. LOTS of tracing paper, keep drawing over her again and again, see how your hand moves to form the eyes, the head, the general shapes.
GO BIG. Take up an entire sheet of paper with what you're drawing, instead of having it floating all lonely with space around it.
Check books out at the library, or buy them if you can. If you're planning on drawing animals, this book is great: http://www.amazon.com/Draw-Animals-Perigee-Jack-Hamm/dp/0399508023 It shows how you can draw many animals by breaking them down into basic shapes, and then filling them out. There's many other books by that author on how to draw other things too, like people.
Become friends with drawing software. Especially if you're planning on going into art. Turning a photo so it's right side up is one of the simplest things to learn (google is your friend! I use it all the time to help me figure out how to do things I'm not sure of!) but it can also help you balance colors (like if the camera flashed and washed out the color) and to crop the image so you don't see anything but the image. I like to use the GIMP, it's a free program and there's LOTS of tutorials on Youtube on how to use it. It's scary looking at first, but if my boss can figure out how to resize/crop/adjust color on it, then you'll have no problem.
One last thing that will help you out is to invest in a flatbed scanner. My printer/scanner is a canon MP600, nothing super fancy and pretty cheap for how reliable it is. It's over 3 years old and still going strong. With a flatbed scanner, you don't have to worry about camera angle, flash, or any other multitude of things. Just plop it down, hit a button, then use photo editing software to adjust it. The scanner can wait until you're going strong with the drawings though.
Experiment with different media. Use an ink pen and see what happens. Draw on colored paper (my drawing was on a piece of mat board, which is why I have a colored background). Don't be afraid of adding strong shadow on the subject (I didn't push mine very far, could have done a lot better if I put my mind to it). TAKE CLASSES, and learn!
smile.png
wow thanks..i go to the library often so i will find some there... thank you so much gryphon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom