pet ducks ------------------on the lighter side of things

I gotta say, I disagree! Before I ever even dreamed that I would have chickens for eggs, be hatching chicks, have female ducks for eggs, and hatching ducklings, I had two pet drakes and a pet silkie rooster. They certainly weren't giving me eggs and I certainly never ate them. The roo left me for a neighbor who had hens, one drake was taken by a predator, and the other went back to my aunt when he started bullying my other drakes. At my aunt's, he is a pet too and will never be eaten. My two drakes were certainly not food, and they certainly weren't really farm animals as I gained nothing from them but a food bill. They were pets through and through.

Nowadays, the girls give me eggs and the boys give me babies, but they are still pets. I will never eat them or kill them. I even recently had a duckling imprint on me, and she's my lap duck. When the time comes, she'll give me eggs, but even then, I'll have her mostly for companionship and the fun she brings to my backyard. The poultry might provide me with some food, but they're still my pets.

My geese and ducks are pets, just as my dogs are pets. I don't understand why that's difficult to understand. Since they are PETS, I would never eat them, just as I wouldn't eat my dogs, either.

Sometimes I need to explain to people about why they make good pets and why I love them. I just ask for people to not be closed-minded.

My geese and ducks are pets, just as my dogs are pets. I don't understand why that's difficult to understand. Since they are PETS, I would never eat them, just as I wouldn't eat my dogs, either.

Sometimes I need to explain to people about why they make good pets and why I love them. I just ask for people to not be closed-minded.

Cute pictures! especially the first one...

Besides the fact that ducks are adorable and hilarious, why would you want to eat a bird when you can enjoy its company and get years of eggs????

Well some do want them as a meat source which i respect that said just because i choose not too and use them for alternatives things does mean i am playing with my food nor in denial of there proper uses, as pest control and eggs are definitely part of there purpose.

Last edited:
Now my thoughts on pet ducks .. hopefuly this will not ruffle any ones tail feathers to badly --------" But"

calling your ducks
Pet Ducks quacks me up .. because its just a modern excuse for playing with your food ..

it realy spin-ducking so lets not have any more of this --------------foul play..

blue jeans
smile.png
Perhaps, in time, maybe you will understand more. For now, let it be suffice to say some are pets, some are not. We know to feel sorry for your ducks though, don't we? Maybe you shouldn't play with your food, but the rest of us can, and will, play with our pets.

Some will do both.
highfive.gif

you all do understand that i was simply teasing --. I hope..
smile.png

people that have pet ducks are very important to the duck raising industry with out supply and demand we would be without many of the wonderful breeds of ducks we all enjoy..

thanks to duck owners that keep them simply for pets also ..

you all do understand that i was simply teasing --. I hope..
smile.png

people that have pet ducks are very important to the duck raising industry with out supply and demand we would be without many of the wonderful breeds of ducks we all enjoy..

thanks to duck owners that keep them simply for pets also ..
I think you ruffled some feathers.
wink.png

yes .. i was thinking that to ..
i was exspecting to be teased back rather than have so many defending what was never wrong in the first place..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom