Pet Insurance For A Rainy Day

what i would suggest is sit down and figure out what it is you want covered and ask those specific questions like:

some breeds are prone to their intestines flipping or twisting.. usually deep chested breeds will I be covered?

some breeds are prone to hip problems will I be covered?

what do they define as an "accident" if the dog gets off leash? if s/he digs out of the yard?

I know its not possible to do this with each animal.. but you can get a good ballpark of what coverage you will need

Like for me.. I am not worried about my min pins hips but i will worry about my Great Danes hips (when we get her)

You just have to ask a lot of questions, but my insurance just has coverage. The value of the animal doesn't have anything to do with the incident or the amount covered per incident. You have to ask: Does it cover cancer, and what kinds? How much does it cover for cancer? Can I choose to use my own vet or oncologist? Does it cover accidents? What kinds, how much? Is there a cap on the number of claims in a time period or per animal? How can my insurance be cancelled, if at all? What is not covered? What percentage of routine care does my policy cover?

I've had no problems. My brother's BullTerrier was always getting into trouble. He was once hospitalized for 4 days at a cost of about $4000.00. There was never a diagnosis. The insurance didn't question it, and they paid us $3700.00 re-embursement. I really don't think you can go wrong as long as you make sure you understand it.

just to share:
when i worked at a vet. here in georgia,part of the benefits were that she would cover 2 pets with insurance.the name was VETERINARY PET INSURANCE .WEBSITE-veterinarypetinsurance.com.this was in awhile ago so i don't know if it has changed.i had th gold plan but you can choose your plan and monthly premium.BAILEY got really sick and it turned out she had cancer of the spleen.did the surgery but she died 2 weeks later.the insurance part i actually forgot about because it didn't matter at that point-whatever it would take.they asked if i had insurance and i said oh yeah,i got this.the final bill was $1050.00.the vet turned it in to the ins. co. and sent me a final bill of $400.00 so i think that was pretty good.
i think any vet will do it,all they have to do is fill out the paperwork and send it in.
i think it is really a good idea.you can even just get the health/vaccine package-covers yearly checkups and vaccines.
you could spend $30 a month on a credit card or this and you can be assured your pet will get sick at some point.

Back
Top Bottom