Pet lovers, help me please!

Don't lose hope yet! we have inside/outside cats, one actually ended up being gone for 3 months (we were sure he was gone for good) but one day I heard a meow on the back door and there he was! He was thin, but otherwise fine, cats tend to wonder and sometimes yes to far...but there insticints and memory are always there!
For our cat Max now he will be gone for a few days also up to a week!

I have found setting some tuna out always gets him back! Sometimes I wish I could put a tracker on him just to see where he is going! Our neighbor 6 miles from us said he was 100% sure he saw max in his barn one evening! I wouldnt be suprised!

Our cat Julie disappeared for 4 months. I had written her off as gone forever when she showed up on our roof. She was skin and bones, but has since recovered. I weighed her today, and she is 12 pounds.
th.gif

I pray your kitty shows up soon. I understand how stressful and upsetting that can be.
hugs.gif

My mom lost her stunted little kitty that she got while vacationing at the beach. The
local authorities said that people regularly bring kittens and puppies for their kids to play with while
on vacation and just dump them when its time to home. She took home a gooey
eyed sickly little kitten and had it for 2 years then it went missing. She checked with
several neighbors but stopped short of asking one after asking the first 3 or 4 closest
to the house. Eight years later the neighbor she stopped short of asking if she'd seen
a kitty asked her to feed their cat while on vacation. Sure enough it was the same cat.
Mom blurted out, "That's my kitty" but the neighbor sayed it wasnt mom's that she'd found a stray
eight years ago. Mom let it drop, but knew it was the same cat. It was a rather unique looking cat
because it was extremely small cat solid black with a fluffy tail and very green eyes. I'd
post signs all over because some people will bring in a cat and never let it outside again if they decide
to keep it as a pet. If your kitty has a good purr-sonality it might be safe just not home, some
cats have all the luck.

I wish I had some advice for you, but I do have a good story. I had a black cat named Smiley that went missing on Halloween. She darted out the door and I just knew she was gone forever. After about 2 months I gave up hope and got a new kitty. 8 months later Smiley showed up at the meowing like nothing was wrong. I had that cat until she was 13 years then I had a baby and my two cats packed their cat box and moved in with my grandmother two doors down. Smiley lived to be 16 years old.

Some cats are smart enough to keep several homes at one time. When I was a kid we had an old tom with one eye missing. One day my mom and several neighbors were outside when Tiger walked by. It turned out that Tiger had several different names and homes...lol.
I have a barn cat that disappears for weeks at a time. He always comes back smelling of perfume. My husband says, "Old lady perfume". He has become overweight since his disappearing acts.
roll.png

I hope your kitty returns to you soon.
sad.png

My moms cat just came home after being gone for 6 months. we thought he was a goner, but he was no worse for the wear.

boy is on lockdown FOREVER.

i rally hope you find you kitty soon
sad.png

Thank you all so much for the support, today is day five and the weather is perfect out. The snow is gone and the sun is shining. I figured I would get home after school and see him sitting there on the deck but no such luck...

I found Lynx...unfortunately not the way I would have liked. The terrible truth is that he was found dead...he was just out for a regular walk like any other day and he got stuck in a trap set in our ditch down the road for muskrats (someone else's traps). He must have been stuck for days getting rained on and snowed on until someone came along and found him. They then either shot him or beat him to death. The most horrid part about it, is that he had a white collar on...his fur was brown so it stood out perfectly. I wonder what kind of evil you have to be to kill someones pet...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom