Pet lovers, help me please!

FriendlyFlyer

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 16, 2011
My favorite cat has been missing for 4 days now.
sad.png
I live out in the country and bad weather has rolled in. Last night it started raining and has not let up yet, it is suppose to freeze tonight and we are to get snow on top of that! During the summer my cat Lynx (who is an outside cat) often went on daily excursions often lasting 2 days, but never more than that. As of right now my two other outside cats have been huddled up inside their cathouse. Lynx loves my whole family unconditionally and would never leave us. He has been neutered and has never been away from home in weather like this. I've called for him, drove around our land looking for him and no sign... Have you ever had this happen? What was the outcome? Do you know what he may be doing? Why won't he come home!? Can you help me? I am worried sick.
hit.gif
Thank you.

Once one of my cats went missing for a week, then returned as normal as ever,
My freind has a cat that on the full moon leaves the house and doesn't return for up to 10 days, even dureing the winter.
since you live in the country you don't have to worry so much about him getting hit by a car.
I hope with all my heart that he returns, (and something tells me he will)
best wishes
-roxyblue

Sorry to hear that your kitty is missing. But dont lose hope, cats are independent creatures.

One of our cat recently was gone for 3 days and he NEVER goes anywhere! I had honestly lost hope because he always comes to a whistle (like a dog). But one morning there he was meowing up a storm and a bit scratched up. But he did come back! I also had another cat that took off the first really warm day of spring and didn't come back for 3 MONTHS!! He just came trotting out of the woods looking lean and mean one day. I always figured that he went and had a vision quest or something.

I also want to note that I live very very rural and my cats seem to survive just fine outdoors. and we have lots of coyotes, black bear, grizzly, bob cats and now wolves that all pass through my property on a regular basis.

Dont lose hope.
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear about your missing cat!
sad.png
Have you checked any closed up sheds, garages, etc.? Maybe he got locked in by accident - on your property or any of your neighbors' properties. When my cats were outdoors, I had two go missing. One was surprised by a coyote and the other was old and sick so it was his time. I also had two hit by cars - that's why everyone's indoors now (but I don't live in the country - rural San Diego county, but not country). Here's hoping yours is out having a grand adventure!

My cat goes off for days and occasionally weeks on a regular basis. She always comes back when she's ready to, and I've learned that it's just "her thing." Who knows what cats do on their wild escapades.
tongue.png
She stays inside most of the winter though.

Hoping your boy comes home soon!
hugs.gif

Oh my gosh, thank you all so much. Honestly I was about to lose hope...thank you so much for reassuring me that my cat is just being normal
smile.png
I guess 4 days is not as bad as a week roxyblue and is nothing compared to 3 months kathryn..
smile.png
I guess I need to just have faith. Oh and yes OvertheHenHouse, I have checked all of the sheds multiple times to be sure. Thank you so much again! I will keep a sharp eye out for him.

We have a truly feral cat, 'Scaredy cat', who moved in last winter. I thought that she had been eaten by a coyote this spring because she disappeared for a month and a half. She returned and is back on mouse patrol. When the Princess and I were first married a scroungy old neutered tom showed up at our apartment one day. Mike the Cat just walked in and made himself at home. 6 months later one of my beagles slipped a disc in her back and we brought her into the house. Mike gave a dirty look, hissed and walked out never to be seen again. Some cats just are nomads and get the wanderlust. Hopefully yours will return.

Quote:
LMAO, I can just imagine
*cat sleeping peacefully somewhere,dog walks in*
Cat:
smack.gif
"well, it's been nice roomin' with ya, Buuuut I have a no dog policy" *walks out*

You: "hey!, but what about all that food you ate over the last 6 months!?"

Cat: "put it on my tab!"

you: "but you're a cat!, you don't have a....and, he's gone"
somad.gif

ANYWAYS

I wouldn't worry too much toms, even nuetered ones tend to set up a territory that the patrol regularly

I had a cat years ago, who would only show up long enough to show off her yearly litter, (and during the winter), then after a couple hours of letting the kittens play on te porch, off they went, the kittens never to be seen again(though I still see a few of her kittens, feral ofcourse, in the field beyond my house from time to time), the mother not until that winter

When Mike got to the door, he looked back over shoulder with this indignant look like, "How could you?"

if the weather has gotten bad theres your likely answer, hes probably found an open shed or a deck or something and crawled under and is waiting out the weather.

what you are going to want to do is check your neighbors sheds ect and make sure someone hasnt locked him in accidentally, but hell likely come home.

Back
Top Bottom