Pet lovers, help me please!

I'm so sorry! I can't imagine. I hope you took the trap with you and trashed it. At the very least you may be able to find out whose trap it is and confront them. Traps should be checked daily to prevent unnecessary suffering. Clearly this person doesn't care about anybody.

Oh how horrid. I am SO sorry.
hugs.gif

Oh my gosh, I am so very sorry for your loss. Yes, please check the trap for identification numbers, name and address. I believe that legal traps have to be marked with some sort of identification. A couple years ago I was hiking a local (and very well used trail) and my friends dog got caught in a trap. There was a identification tag on the trap and we called fish and game. The man got in BIG trouble for putting the trap in that location.
hugs.gif

I am so very sorry to read this. How awful for you, and for your cat. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now...I can't imagine the sick, twisted person that would do that, unless it was perhaps the person who put out the trap to begin with and was mad to not get the intended target...or thought the cat was the intended target...
My heart goes out to you -

Quote:
This brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss! I can't believe anyone would be so evil as to do that.

Quote:
I doubt that. They left poor Lynx in the trap.
somad.gif

I have 3 cats that roam. The one is a "seasonal" cat. He is 15 and and during the spring and summer lives at our house. Once it starts getting colder, he moves to the neighbor's barn for the winter. We don't see him at all and in spring he comes back fat and healthy. I also have a cat that went missing for 3 days. She came back with her front paw completely broken and dead. The vet said she was caught in a fox trap, and somehow was able to escape and come home. Her paw was amputated and she gets around fine. We talked to the farmer down the road and told them what happened and they said they would not set traps out anymore. She still goes missing for a few days at a time too. My other cat will be gone for up to a week before he decides to come back.

I read that cats can have a territory of up to 10 miles surrounding their home. Your guy may just be checking out his area to make sure nothing is wrong and will come back. 10 miles is a lot of walking for a cat...

Back
Top Bottom