Pet Peeves

People who don't know how to signal a semi driver that they have room to change lanes.
Well, now I feel like I should check - this is just flashing headlights?

Driving a manual transmission is an anti-theft device. Not joking, it works. (Yes I do know from personal experience)

Pet peeve of mine? Throw away culture. Like, ya know... Things used to last more than 5 minutes, because we cared to make it last....

Well, now I feel like I should check - this is just flashing headlights?

Driving a manual transmission is an anti-theft device. Not joking, it works. (Yes I do know from personal experience)

Pet peeve of mine? Throw away culture. Like, ya know... Things used to last more than 5 minutes, because we cared to make it last....
During the day, you can do high beams on and off. During night, you can flick them off and then on again.

Did you know that even most semi drivers nowadays can't drive manual? There's CDLs with auto-only restrictions. Most fleets are moving to fully auto semis. My last truck was an auto, and it was jarring. What do I even do now? Just sit and hold the steering wheel?

We really tried to find a used manual transmission when we got our last car. We found one, but the clutch was going. That's too much money to have to put into a "new to us" car, so we passed.

Ended up with an automatic. I still find myself stepping on the break with my left foot and putting it in Park. :gigVery hard to get moving that way...

We really tried to find a used manual transmission when we got our last car. We found one, but the clutch was going. That's too much money to have to put into a "new to us" car, so we passed.

Ended up with an automatic. I still find myself stepping on the break with my left foot and putting it in Park. :gigVery hard to get moving that way...
My neighbor has a truck very similar to one that I had in the 90s. It was a 5 speed and so is this truck my neighbor has. I was just about to make an offer and see if he would bite. I’m glad I waited. A piece of the column cover was missing… no big deal. Then he goes to crank it 🙄. Bump this, kick that, look out the left window and bite the steering wheel. I think he got them out of order. After about 3 attempts at his “combination” it did crank and ran good. Just don’t get in a hurry to flee the scene!

During the day, you can do high beams on and off. During night, you can flick them off and then on again.

Did you know that even most semi drivers nowadays can't drive manual? There's CDLs with auto-only restrictions. Most fleets are moving to fully auto semis. My last truck was an auto, and it was jarring. What do I even do now? Just sit and hold the steering wheel?
In Ohio, lights flashing like that means either a deer in the road or a cop off to the side. It does not mean an emergency

In Ohio, lights flashing like that means either a deer in the road or a cop off to the side. It does not mean an emergency
Huh? I thought we were talking about signalling to a semi that there's enough room to change lanes. I don't see anything up thread about an emergency. When another tractor trailer's passing another, it's common for the driver being passed to flash brights.

Huh? I thought we were talking about signalling to a semi that there's enough room to change lanes. I don't see anything up thread about an emergency. When another tractor trailer's passing another, it's common for the driver being passed to flash brights.
You didn't go back far enough. There was discussion about a white flag out the window to signal an emergency so other cars would move over and let you through. Also, flashing lights so they would see you coming.

Back
Top Bottom