Pet Peeves

Pics
I've been around the internet for a long time and I don't know what iirc is without looking it up (because I never use it). :oops:
But, there are so many abbreviations online, at work, and while texting that my brain will not be able to get past a block once it comes to an abbreviation it doesn't recognize and sometimes even the content doesn't help.
I can't think of any internet abbreviations that I use aside from IIRC and lol. It's definitely not good to get into the habit of frequently using abbreviations, because then it becomes hard to stop.

I often feel like I'm making grammatical errors without noticing them. 😫
It really is frustrating lol
A pet peeve I have with myself.
I used to substitute "lead" for "led" (probably because of the metal), and I only noticed it relatively recently. Hopefully I don't make too many errors now.

I often feel like I'm making grammatical errors without noticing them. 😫
I get it. They don't seem to teach it anymore. I was taught it but I wasn't good at it. I've forgotten most of it anyway.
Script will soon be so foreign that us Boomers will use it as a secret code. ;)
Like my great aunts and uncles used to use cajun french.

I get it. They don't seem to teach it anymore. I was taught it but I wasn't good at it. I've forgotten most of it anyway.
Script will soon be so foreign that us Boomers will use it as a secret code. ;)
Like my great aunts and uncles used to use cajun french.
It feels like writing conventions are currently taught in a way that makes them seem somewhat ambiguous.

It really is frustrating lol
A pet peeve I have with myself.
I used to substitute "lead" for "led" (probably because of the metal), and I only noticed it relatively recently. Hopefully I don't make too many errors now.
I'm always editing posts because I want my apostrophes! A lot of times when I'm typing dont or doesnt or isnt my autocorrect never corrects it without me actually typing it with the apostrophe. I will hurry up and post only to realize an apostrophe is missing or I've used the wrong spelling. :barnie

I'm always editing posts because I want my apostrophes! A lot of times when I'm typing dont or doesnt or isnt my autocorrect never corrects it without me actually typing it with the apostrophe. I will hurry up and post only to realize an apostrophe is missing or I've used the wrong spelling. :barnie
I've sent so many messages with typos while using my phone, only noticing them later.

Back
Top Bottom