Pet Peeves

Pics
I tell her that I can snap both fingers and then demonstrate which really ticks her off 🤣

It's actually pretty ironic that I'm the only one in my family that can snap both fingers but I hate the noise
I can snap 2 at once 🤣 the noise gets on my nerves so bad. A big pet peeve of mine is people touching my hair. I hate that head scratching noise for some reason. Might be becuase I have misophonia

And who is Tom Powell? I know how it's used. And what it's purported to mean. But it's still wrong.

The root word is inspire, to breathe, not conspire. Add prefix co-, meaning, as stated above, "with one or more others," and you get "conspire." There is no need to add another prefix, another "co-." That would be redundant. And silly.

Take "cooperate." Root word is "operate." Two or more people "cooperate." You would not say three or four people "co-cooperate." That's just silly.

And who is Tom Powell? I know how it's used. And what it's purported to mean. But it's still wrong.

The root word is inspire, to breathe, not conspire. Add prefix co-, meaning, as stated above, "with one or more others," and you get "conspire." There is no need to add another prefix, another "co-." That would be redundant. And silly.

Take "cooperate." Root word is "operate." Two or more people "cooperate." You would not say three or four people "co-cooperate." That's just silly.
I’m gonna use that word becuase it’s funny 🤣

I get that someone will always take offense to some of the things we say but to have no respect of others opinions/thoughts by being passive aggressive and having to have the last say just really grinds my gears.
Build up the argument to the point of no return......then just drop it. Extremely annoying to others when I do it. That need to have the last word is never really satisfied because I go away smiling..... and they said the last word, but.....

Sigh. Words are added to the lexicon through usage, however wrong grammatically they may be. That's how "ain't" got into the dictionary in spite of Sister Mary Oliphant assuring us, even with a ruler rapped sharply across our knuckles, that "ain't isn't a word." So yes, "irregardless" is technically a "word," in the sense that people who don't know better do use it, and lexicographers, teeth gritted, acknowledge its usage by including it in the pages of their dictionaries, but ...

In the interest of not saying something I may regret, I'll stop here. I'm not Sister Mary Oliphant, after all. Putting the ruler down. ❤️

Sigh. Words are added to the lexicon through usage, however wrong grammatically they may be. That's how "ain't" got into the dictionary in spite of Sister Mary Oliphant assuring us, even with a ruler rapped sharply across our knuckles, that "ain't isn't a word." Do yes, "irregardless" is technically a "word," in the sense that people who don't know better do use it, and lexicographers, teeth gritted, acknowledge its usage by including in the pages of their dictionaries, but ...

In the interest of not saying something I may regret, I'll stop here. I'm not Sister Mary Oliphant, after all. Putting the ruler down. ❤️
Ain’t is not in the dictionary🧐 its not even a word, like what?

Back
Top Bottom