Pet Peeves

Pics
I know what you mean! I came from the city and moved to the country (sure that is a song) anyways, around here the traffic is SLOW. It has been 5 years since I have moved and I still can't stand the drivers going 5-10 mph BELOW the speed limit.
That's one reason why country folk don't like it when city folk move to the country. They bring city thinking right along with them. Wasn't one reason to move to the country, to slow down a bit?
Hold on.. most husbands do that.. including mine:lau
For the fear of coming home and setting off that tongue, the husband calls instead. My wife is very good at being gracious with me, but I have friends that are not as fortunate.

That's one reason why country folk don't like it when city folk move to the country. They bring city thinking right along with them. Wasn't one reason to move to the country, to slow down a bit?

For the fear of coming home and setting off that tongue, the husband calls instead. My wife is very good at being gracious with me, but I have friends that are not as fortunate.
Slowing down was not a reason moving to the country. I'm more busy here than I ever was in the city.

My hubby is a wonderful man. We've been blessed that we never had an argument. True, not everyone has happy marriage.

Further down in Merriam" It continues. Even my spellchecker tries to change it.

"We label irregardless as “nonstandard” rather than “slang.” When a word is nonstandard it means it is “not conforming in pronunciation, grammatical construction, idiom, or word choice to the usage generally characteristic of educated native speakers of a language.” Irregardless is a long way from winning general acceptance as a standard English word. For that reason, it is best to use regardless instead."
As well, on another page they stated they add words because so many people use it.
ight.
I should go thumb through my hardbound dictionary that I've saved from destruction and is older than I am see what words are listed. 😁

Y'all prolly wont understand unless u show cows but I really dislike it when people "paint" there cows
Especially when it's like they cover the poor calf in like 4 cans and it looks like plastic🙃

It's essentially like makeup/foundation for cows I guess and it annoys the crap ot ofme cause the judge shouldn't be picking your calf cause you sprayed the most paint on it and made it look wussy 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤
I don't show cows, but I can empathize. I'm not fond of the dog painting trend either.

I have that problem here. Some new people from the city moved into the house next to me, and immediately started to complain about my roosters. The roosters were already here when the city neighbors moved in. If they didn't like it, then they didn't have to buy the house. Plus, my neighbors don't even live here full time. They're only here on weekends, and often not even every weekend. It's really annoying.

Back
Top Bottom