Pet Peeves

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
My top one is people who do NOT RSVP, or people who don't RSVP til asked, then say they're coming and don't show up. These same people have the nerve to ask for an RSVP at their own parties. Second place is people who don't respond at all. And third is people who make comments like "sounds like fun" and then there is nothing further and they don't show up. We all know how much time and effort is involved in throwing a nice party, and with my baby food I absorbed the fact that when you are invited somewhere, you say whether or not you are coming, politely cancel if for some reason you can't come, and if you do come, offer to bring something. Why is that so difficult????? Once my daughter went to a birthday party where several guests had said they were coming; none showed up but my daughter. I felt terrible for the Mother, not to mention the little girl....
sad.png

Didn't even know what RSVP meant till i was in my 20s. Nephew did it for a fancy to do in Chattanooga last year but that's the first time I have seen that term actually used locally.

My only big thing is people that still let kids ride unrestrained in cars. Even have a friend that was a fireman to an he still lets kids ride in the back of his truck even after all we have seen.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you with unrestrained kids - or even poorly/improperly restrained kids. Makes me insane! Also pg women who smoke and people in general who smoke around kids... I am an OB nurse so I see this a lot (also the crappy installed/straps too loose carseats)

When people act like they know what there saying but dont and ARGUE with you even though they know you know more than them!!!!(about certan topics) The age old question "but HOW do you have eggs without a rooster???" also annoys me...

Quote:
i am saying this just as constructive critisim and with no disrespect, but sometimes the person is just mistaken. or they just didn't know. like someone could just come up with a theory and then have a rational explaination for it. they could then take your answer and find something wrong with it. then they could believe that they are right and just stand up for what they think is right. again, this is meant with no disrespect or offence.

Quote:
I hear ya, though this time (Grandson's Halloween/Birthday party), I did receive RSVPs from everyone who attended. That was a first. On the bottom of the invitation I put, "Please RSVP as lunch will be served". I needed to have at least an idea how many we'd have.

My current pet peeve is the regular question about when will my pullets lay eggs? Not the simple inquiries, but the ones that complain that it's been so many weeks or months already and why won't they lay?

I totally understand somebody wondering because they were told by somebody else at a feed store to expect eggs at 18 weeks, like that's The Time All Chickens Lay Eggs.

It's the OTHER impatient folks that make me grit my teeth.

Back
Top Bottom