Pet Peeves

ECT. !

That drives me up the wall! It is etc. That is a shortened version of 'et cetera'
Another is misuse of 'your' & 'you're' they are two completely different things with different meanings and are not interchangeable!

Oh I hate that two... I mean to... I mean TOO.
barnie.gif

And punctuation is VERY important...

Let's eat Grampa! versus Let's eat, Grampa!

That comma REALLY makes a difference.

Quote:
This reminds me of a story I heard regarding a literature class. The professor gave the students a sentence and asked them to punctuate it correctly. The sentence was: Woman without her man is nothing The men punctuated it this way: "Woman, without her man, is nothing." The women punctuated it thusly: "Woman! Without her, man is nothing." In this case, it's a matter of perspective!
big_smile.png

As for the pet peeves, I have many. Apparently I am a rather peevish person....
tongue2.gif
Spelling errors annoy the heck out of me, but even worse is the onslaught of apostrophes in EVERY word that ends in an "s"... come on, people! Don't let some fool's wrong use of apostrophes cause you to questions what you know to be correct! I've seen people change work that was correct, going back and adding apostrophes before every "s".
he.gif

lol.png
On the grammar, spelling, etc... the absolute WORST is when it's ME that did it.

That just drives me insane. I'll be embarrassed about it for days. Even longer if I don't catch it, someone else does.

Mostly I don't correct other people's errors, pretty rude and I hate rude, but I do stew about it.

One more reason I think the only reason I'm the uncertified one in the family is because I'm a good sprinter.

when I go shopping i cant stand when people just let their baby's cry.It drives me crazy. One time I even told a mother to take her crying todler out to the car.the baby :hecryied for 35 min. It was wrong for telling her that, but i couldn't take it anymore.

Well right now it's people who expect me to give them free eggs! My mother in law does it all the time, and friends. It costs alot of money to keep and feed chickens and all the time caring for them and they just want a free-b... I don't think so! If I have extra eggs and I'm not selling them...then if I offer that's when they can have my eggs. Sorry I'm venting right now, cause it happens all the time and i'm fed up! Also...when my husband and I have arguments about him leaving his dirty clothes on the floor in the bedroom and then the very next day he does it again, just to spite me!

Last edited:
Quote:
And after changing a diaper. And PLEASE!!!! do not change the diaper on the kitchen counter or table
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
And after changing a diaper. And PLEASE!!!! do not change the diaper on the kitchen counter or table
sickbyc.gif

AND don't change the diaper in the grocery cart and leave the dirty one in there for the next person to find!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

How about people who abandon shopping carts after unloading them in the parking lot so that they roll into your vehicle? (I had a cart parked against my Honda CBR1000 motorcycle once
somad.gif
)

Folks who don't respect tools or equipment are another of my least favorite things to deal with.

Cigarette butts in my gardens!! (really gets me).

Used gum

Litter bugs.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom