Petit Project Pen

That's an interesting thought.

What electric netting do you think would be less expensive than a comparable amount of HWC? For this specific application it wouldn't have to be too long, but I don't have a charger or anything yet. I haven't actually checked how much HWC I already have on hand, but for argument's sake, if I were to purchase one or the other?

Took us long enough, but it is assembled! 😅 I have a feeling these poor chickies are not going to be moving out there tonight though at this rate. We just have a lot of other projects going on at the same time, and then the landlord showed up to mow, so it's hard to want to work on something when you know they are looking over your shoulder. 🤷
20230701_151409.jpg

Looks really good Chippy! Most of my projects are a mess😅. This one is so organized :love ! They're going to love it
Thanks! The holes are big, but honestly the welded wire in our main run is big too. My first security concern is using bands on all the latches, because those could all be easily booped right open. Then we have tent stakes to hold her down. They would be locked inside the crate for overnight as well, so maybe I'm overthinking.

I brought up the electric netting again, but DH didn't seem super responsive to that so, IDK.

Thanks! The holes are big, but honestly the welded wire in our main run is big too. My first security concern is using bands on all the latches, because those could all be easily booped right open. Then we have tent stakes to hold her down. They would be locked inside the crate for overnight as well, so maybe I'm overthinking.

I brought up the electric netting again, but DH didn't seem super responsive to that so, IDK.

Is it a high predation area? You're probably over thinking it, but that's not a bad thing

Is it a high predation area? You're probably over thinking it, but that's not a bad thing
The main things we have to worry about are foxes and hawks, I think. You would think we would have raccoons too, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one. There are for sure snakes and mice, but I think mostly they are pretty benign. It's like edge of wooded wetlands ish, so the other thing we had attack was a mink once, but that was a duck in the water, so I'm not sure if minks or weasels may be a concern too, up by the house.

The main things we have to worry about are foxes and hawks, I think. You would think we would have raccoons too, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one. There are for sure snakes and mice, but I think mostly they are pretty benign. It's like edge of wooded wetlands ish, so the other thing we had attack was a mink once, but that was a duck in the water, so I'm not sure if minks or weasels may be a concern too, up by the house.
You have to worry about everything.
At least do an anti dig apron around that pen.

Ouch. With foxes, I'd worry. Actually with most things since these are juveniles, but mostly foxes. Maybe try elections fencing around it? I've never tried it, so maybe someone else can help

If you have enough HWC to make a perimeter apron (anti-dig) that could buy you some time to finish the perm coop/run.
You can simply cut to length, make width at least 18 inches (24 is optimal) and hold it down with landscape pins.

Back
Top Bottom