Petting Zoo.. Need a little help.

Quote:
Also, for a few hundred dollars I would set the petting zoo up as an Limited Liability Corporation -- even WITH insurance you personally can be sued (happened to us after an auto accident -- car vs. pedestrian). For that matter, almost any small business owner ought to set up an LLC to protect their personal assests from business liability.

Now, that aside-- last time we were at a petting zoo the llama acted like it was miserable and turned away every time a kid went near it.

Sheep and mini goats are the ticket for petting zoos for sure!

Well the LLC part of it is already done. I've been an LLC for about 3 years now. So does this save me from the insurance? Or do I still need it on top of the LLC.

Thank you, I need to update a lot of things on it but that's a work in progress.

I know how the LLC part works Just curious if the insurance will be necessary. I better get it just in case. You never know.

did any one mention talking birds (parrots ect)they would probably need to be caged as they often seem to bite, but kids & a dults love talking to them as they talk back.
smile.png

If your are dead set on haveing Llama's/Alpaca's (Which I don't recommed on you having but you don't seem to care what other's who are experianced have said (not trying to be mean but multiple people have told you not to and too many Llama's/Alpaca's end up with mentle disorders from people (ie. your coustomers) who don't know normal Llama/Alpaca behavior) there are only two things I can come up with, one is to have a herd of about 15 and rotate them in and out of the barn so that they don't get people burt, or only have them in the barn on say weekends or somthing so that their hole lives don't have to be torture.

IF you do get Llama's/Alpaca's DON'T get one's less than three years old. Yes I know that baby's are cute but too much petting and loving and not enough time as a Llama/Alpaca leds to a mentle disorder called Abberrent Behavior Syndrom. ABS is a dangerous disorder in where the Llama/Alpaca thinks that you are a Llama/Alpaca and will treat you as such. They will play, and set up a pecking order phyiscly with you. Yes it may sound cute but trust me when they reach 200-400 lbs it is serious.

I am sorry but Llama's/Alpaca's are wonderful animals. I own Llama's and I can let my 5 yr old neice play with my animals but once 4 of my cousin's (6-13) came over and they arn't farm kids, they don't know not to run and suround them. The Llama's freaked! They wanted as far away from them as they could get! Once I convinced my cousins settle down the Llama's were fine. But city kids don't know what to do with farm animals. Ecspecialy those Teeny Bobbers who love to pull on their ears to see if they spit (That happened once at a fair and to the Llama's credit he didn't spit. Athough I was Spittn' Mad!) Llama's are in my opinon the best creature God made and I am very passionate about them. I am sorry if this is hard to read or rude but it is how I feel. I am going to pharaphrase somthing My late father always said as it is not suited for BYC, I will underline it and you can use your imagination;). Opinons are like snowflakes their all diffent.

When I was a kid the pettin zoo included a Galapogos - we could sit on her back and maybe she would move...now there is a bronze replica kids can sit on ... the Gs are in a different area....but I sitll miss them in the "petting" zoo.

Back
Top Bottom