PEX automatic watering systems???

Here4AGoodTime

In the Brooder
Dec 16, 2015
North Alabama
Anyone had luck using PEX to rig watering systems? I want to use PEX in lieu of PVC as PEX will not rupture when frozen. I'm particularly interested in seeing how nipples/cups are fixed into the pipe. Thanks!

Of could I wouldn't intentionally let my water freeze, but in the event of a power outage, heat bulb burnout, etc, I want to avoid the potential flooding problems before they happen.

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Should work, experiment on a scrap with drilling hole then threading nipple/cup in.
Never actually worked with pex before, it's softer than pvc?
With pvc you'd want to cut the threads with a NPT tap or use 1/8" NPT fittings(can you buy pex fittings?).

Apr 20, 2019
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Anyone had luck using PEX to rig watering systems? I want to use PEX in lieu of PVC as PEX will not rupture when frozen. I'm particularly interested in seeing how nipples/cups are fixed into the pipe. Thanks!

Of could I wouldn't intentionally let my water freeze, but in the event of a power outage, heat bulb burnout, etc, I want to avoid the potential flooding problems before they happen.
hate to bring up such an old post but i'm looking to do the same, did it work out?

Top Bottom