PG 32 to 39 Cindy & Tori's AWESOME! hatch! Plus PICS!!

man all this quail eatin making me itchy to eat 1 of mine,,,, do ya think a handful of week olds would make a snack ?
hmm.png

Quote:
if you plan on eating them that young i don't think 2 hand fulls would be a snack..lol

once you fatten them up and they hit 8 weeks old i say try a few
smile.png

Quote:
I find processing quail to be easy. We only process the spaz birds and
extra mails so that makes it easier too. The calm hens that eat oatmeal
from my hand are in the clear.
big_smile.png

Everything can be done right in the kitchen sink with minimal mess.
A pair of sharp scissors and a small knife is all you need.

Alright, I just have to ask.....'cause I really was thinking it sounded like a job suitable for the kitchen (and it appears I was right). Can the guts go down the garbage disposal? I know I can put raw meat in mine and it eats most of it but leaves the tougher stuff (which I in turn have to pull back out). And, if they CAN'T then what am I supposed to do with them? That is one more thing stopping me from raising meat.
sickbyc.gif

Alright then, it is decided. I am going to try quail. Oh my. I may end up standing at the kitchen sink holding a quail and crying my eyes out, then plopping him back in with the rest......but I am going to try this!!!!

You definitely should; you won't be disappointed and it really is easier than you think. Never thought I could do it either; I have a hard time with chickens. I also like the fact that they grow and mature in 6-8 weeks as opposed to 6-8 months. If I didn't already have chickens, I'd have nothing but quail.

The 6 to 8 week thing is one reason I think I could do it. Surely I can manage to stay detached for that long!!!!
smile.png

One thing you could do, the1much, is batter and deep fry a whole plate of them whole and hold them by the legs to eat like tail on shrimp. LOL

Last edited:
LOL yay! Christy so glad you are going to try quail
smile.png

i am still trying to get my bator set right it should be ready in a few because the eggs are wanting to go in already!

wait what happen to my avatar??
th.gif
not again!

LOL oh never mind i am on another computer is all .. i need sleep Lol

Last edited:
LOL....it is still your computer, Mark. I see you just fine!!!!

Well, we will see how it goes. I will TRY but that doesn't mean I will be able to!!!! Maybe you can encourage me when the time comes!!!!
smile.png
By then you will be snacking on yours.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom