Pics

muddy75

Micro-Rancher
5 Years
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
There’s a lot of posts here asking questions but none really for ongoing chat about hatching, raising, keeping pheasants!!! Feel free to join and post pics and talk about your experiences and challenges with pheasants and chukars or other gamefowl!!!!!
I currently have ringneck in my aviary with Others (mixed flock) and recently hatched 4 Ringneck chicks.

The chicks are somewhat difficult to visualize all together now that they are in the main aviary, but I’m 99% sure that 2 males and 1 female. I’m hoping # 4 is a female too which makes it 50/50 hatch. (And only 2 that I have to remove this fall)

3773A915-41B5-4E7F-9199-2B742F974AD2.jpeg

One of my girl chicks exploring the windowsill…..I’m pretty sure now it’s 2 girls and 2 boys

The silver pheasant chicks (or any other pheasant chicks you currently have) :oops:
I don't have any Silver pheasants. I have Silver Goldens, only one chick at this time has hatched, set 4 eggs, two hatched but one died soon after hatching :( others should be hatching in another week.
3 Abyssinian, 2 Mongolians, 2 Peach Goldens and 3 F2 Lady Amherst are all I have hatched out this year....so far. (Hatched out lots of quail though!) I have other's in the bators that are at various stages of development and will be staggered hatching.
This hasn't been a good 'season' for me and hatching!

ETA - the weather has played a crucial part in this season's production. The big chill in February when they were just beginning to lay and stopped. And now they are in molt, so all the eggs I have set now will be all that I will be hatching this season. :hitas far as pheasants go....quail are another story! :D

Last edited:
I don't have any Silver pheasants. I have Silver Goldens, only one chick at this time has hatched, set 4 eggs, two hatched but one died soon after hatching :( others should be hatching in another week.
3 Abyssinian, 2 Mongolians, 2 Peach Goldens and 3 Red Goldens are all I have hatched out this year....so far. (Hatched out lots of quail though!) I have other's in the bators that are at various stages of development and will be staggered hatching.
This hasn't been a good 'season' for me and hatching!
:fl It has been a very ODD year weather wise etc. hopeful that your upcoming hatches go smoothly!!!! My pheasant hens laid well early on, but then stopped abruptly. Last few eggs have been soft shell while other birds’ eggs (duck and quail) are fine. Wondering if just the pheasants need some extra calcium????

Back
Top Bottom