Pheasant chat and hatch-a-long!!!

Pics
My last (incubator hatch) for the season will be this Friday. I've got a few Yellow Golden hens and a Copper pheasant hen that went broody about a week ago! I'm letting them set and see what happens?
Haven't set or hatched any quail this season....they are just now starting to lay in earnest.

Here's a couple of pics of a Yellow Golden and a Amherst setting. The Amherst just started setting today!
I really don't know if the eggs are fertile, as most of my birds have been molting but there is a chance that the hens were mated before the males started to molt.
20220627_191811.jpg
20220627_191849.jpg

20220627_191857.jpg

My last (incubator hatch) for the season will be this Friday. I've got a few Yellow Golden hens and a Copper pheasant hen that went broody about a week ago! I'm letting them set and see what happens?
Haven't set or hatched any quail this season....they are just now starting to lay in earnest.
I sold almost all of my quail hens with only the eggs I collected the day I sold them. I had to order 30 more eggs. I may hatch more quail to try to build my hen numbers back up.
Pheasants are still giving me about 4 eggs or so per week…..I may put a few more in before they quit on me

Back
Top Bottom