pheasant /chicken crosses

I know a guy that has 2 birds that pheas and chicken crossed, I dont know what kind, they are pretty neat looking birds. I'll have to see if he still has em and try to get pics of them........................

Hmmm... those things are pretty funky looking! The pheasant crosses I mean. I think guineas are hideous, let alone those crosses.
lol.png

Seriously late reply but just did a quick search and found this conversation. I had a wild cock pheasant join forces with my hens (by that I mean he ate their food, roosted in the shed etc), and a month or so later we had a hen hatch 11 eggs. Only one survived to maturity, and she (Zipper) is most certainly crossed with the pheasant. She looks different to all the other chickens the same hen has hatched with the roo we have, she digs ditches and when she jumps the fence into the garden she sort of swoops - a lot more graceful than my hens! She's about 6 months old now, I'm not expecting her to live that long but it's fun having her. If interested, I can post a picture. She's a gorgeous caramel colour with black striped tail and black tipped wings, and a black stripe across the top of her head.

We ended up having to get rid of the cock pheasant though, he was distressing my hens and fighting with my roo. But his offspring is definitely alive and kicking!

Oh okay, something about being a new egg stops me from being able to post pictures. I need to post more! Will get on it.
Edit: figured it out, I hope this work, and I'm terribly terribly sorry if I break any unspoken forum etiquette or anything! Do let me know - I'm a new egg.
Here's my baby Zipper, anyway. About 6 months old - no eggs, no rooster fights, so I know she's a hen, but she's not laying and I heard once that pheasant chicken crosses don't lay eggs. I wish I could have taken a video of her flying or digging or something, but she's really shy so the only way to get a picture is while she's eating.
Sorry for the massive blurb - I love talking about her! Cross fingers, hope this picture works.
DSCF0107.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom