Pheasant Feathers?

dbtcowgirl

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
I have some pretty varieties of rare Pheasants and I was wondering if anyone else that raises them has any ideas for what to do with their feathers. They are beautiful and I would love to find a purpose for them. I always collect them as they molt but I end up with tons and I don't know what to do with them.

What breeds do you have? you have to be careful because some are on the cities list and cannot be sold.Not even feathers of deceased birds.I too have a box full of mostly tail feathers from 18 different breeds.i did have an Indian lady buy some frozen whole birds years ago,she made dream catchers with them.
In N.H.,Tony.

What breeds do you have? you have to be careful because some are on the cities list and cannot be sold.Not even feathers of deceased birds.I too have a box full of mostly tail feathers from 18 different breeds.i did have an Indian lady buy some frozen whole birds years ago,she made dream catchers with them.
In N.H.,Tony.
I have Goldens, Yellow Goldens, Silvers, Lady Amherst and Impeyan.
I am ridiculous collecting them for no reason, but they are too pretty to throw away.

I’ve used them for tying fishing flies. They are expensive to buy in the fishing shops, maybe you could find someone needing them for that purpose?
That's a great idea, my grandfather tied flies. He has been gone for years and I had forgotten about him always wanting feathers. I will see if I can find anyone who can put them to use, I hate things going to waste.

Back
Top Bottom