Pheasant hatching question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tx_dane_mom, Jun 14, 2008.

1. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I just came across the following text:
    Humidity in the incubator should be between 45 and 50 percent and the temperature should be 95 F. Ringneck pheasants will begin hatching after 24 and a half days.

at this website: http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/alt-ag/pheasan.htm
    My
    pheasant egs are in the same bator w/my chicken & duck eggs...therefore at 99.5 degrees...should I be concerned...i.e. do I need to put them in a seperate bator? Or, should I just expect them to hatch a day or 2 earlier?​

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My only experiance with pheasants are the eggs from the nest my husband ran the swather over and killed the hen. I'm not sure what day they hatched on since I don't know how far along they were when I put them in my bator, but I had it at the same humidity and temps that I do my chickens at. Be sure you have a top for the brooder...those little boogers can jump like crazy from day one!!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  3. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Ok thank you Katy. I normally keep them in just a tote for the 1st week in doors, but I will put a piece of chicken wire over it for a lid. I've had to do that before for dog deterent.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by