Pheasant Help? Lethargy, Pastey Butt, Walking on Elbows.

scottfamilyfarm

Hatching
8 Years
May 28, 2011
I know a pheasant isn't a chicken, but i'm hoping someone will be able to help me out anyway.

I have / had 6 chickies that I bought as day olds, roughly a week ago. They looked nice and healthy, could stand on their own, bright eyes and wide awake. Yesterday two of them took ill, they are walking on their ELBOWS? and have pastey bottoms. We raced to the feed store and picked up a bag of vitamins and electrolites (durvet) to try and bring them back to par but we lost one last night, The second one has begun periods of screaming.

I'm not sure what's going on here, they do not display any other outward symptoms other than that look of lethargy that can be associated with pain of some sort. They don't appear paralyzed and they are not having trouble breathing, i'm thinking it's not Mareks.

Any ideas?

Habitat: Flaked Pine Bedding.

Last edited:
Throughout the day I have lost 5 of the 6. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could have been? I've never raised pheasants before so I am not farmilar with their diseases and /or problems and I'm not finding any information on the internet that seems applicable.

Try this link. Hope it helps!
smile.png
Good luck!
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=461827

Back
Top Bottom