Pheasant pricing info: ?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by chickenzoo, Jun 19, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

My friend has Lady A's, RG, & YG, she has chicks up to adults and wants to know what would be the average price to expect to sell them for..... can someone give me some examples of prices, such as from 1 week to 1 month might be $ amount, then from this age to this age is $ ?

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

3. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    I usually see chicks to 2 weeks offered for 4$ on CL locally.
    Id add about $1-$1.50 per week after 2 weeks, if it were me.
    Adult birds with full plumage are much more seldomly seen listed, but usually around $20, that I see . . .

I think this is the general rule of thumb for any kind of "common" poultry/gamebird.

Young chicks or adult pairs is what most folks tend to want to buy . . .

4. kikescove.com

kikescove.com Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Selah Washington
    First year birds are from 20-30 depending on your stock. Beautiful breeders get about $40 each. Sometimes hens fetch a little more, but again it helps if folks know you are not just a backyard breeders and have put some time into genetics, culling etc. Time of year will effect prices. Fall they are at their lowest as the market is flooded. Spring, fetches the highest as breeders have over wintered them (more food and risk) and they are about to produce. I hope this helps.

5. kikescove.com

kikescove.com Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Selah Washington
    p.s. I don't deal with chicks so I have no idea what you will get. eggs run from 3-5 each, so I'd suspect chicks slightly higher. There is risk with shipping, so probably not much more.

6. apdan

apdan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I just got a dozen chicks and they were priced at $10/dozen.

7. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    what is a good price for reeves pheasants ill be selling adults next spring hopefully and would like to know a good price for them.

8. Quail's Hollar Farm

Quail's Hollar Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    I would sell the Revees for at least forty dollars per female and thirty dollars per male.

9. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:I know of a couple of folks up your way that sell pheasants do you know kevin and beth? or don?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by