Pheasant pricing info: ?

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
My friend has Lady A's, RG, & YG, she has chicks up to adults and wants to know what would be the average price to expect to sell them for..... can someone give me some examples of prices, such as from 1 week to 1 month might be $ amount, then from this age to this age is $ ?

idunno.gif

I usually see chicks to 2 weeks offered for 4$ on CL locally.
Id add about $1-$1.50 per week after 2 weeks, if it were me.
Adult birds with full plumage are much more seldomly seen listed, but usually around $20, that I see . . .

I think this is the general rule of thumb for any kind of "common" poultry/gamebird.

Young chicks or adult pairs is what most folks tend to want to buy . . .

First year birds are from 20-30 depending on your stock. Beautiful breeders get about $40 each. Sometimes hens fetch a little more, but again it helps if folks know you are not just a backyard breeders and have put some time into genetics, culling etc. Time of year will effect prices. Fall they are at their lowest as the market is flooded. Spring, fetches the highest as breeders have over wintered them (more food and risk) and they are about to produce. I hope this helps.

p.s. I don't deal with chicks so I have no idea what you will get. eggs run from 3-5 each, so I'd suspect chicks slightly higher. There is risk with shipping, so probably not much more.

what is a good price for reeves pheasants ill be selling adults next spring hopefully and would like to know a good price for them.

Back
Top Bottom