Pheasant questions

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
I know there have been several threads about pheasants recently, but I wanted to ask some questions here about some specific things.

First off- how long do they incubate for?

Second- what do I feed them after they hatch?

Third- Is there a specific temp or humidity I should set my incubator at or will the temps for my chicken eggs be compatible?

Thanks,

Jared

I wish I could send you the eggs I've got in the incubator. I don't know what I'm gonna do with them if any survived and hatch. I'm not even sure how far along they are.

24 to 25 days to hatch.
Humidity and Temp same as chicks
Feed game bird starter or if you can't get that chick starter.

That's all I know. I'm on my first time hatching pheasant eggs. Sorry I can't be more helpful

Are those the eggs you found in the field? I hope they make it. I have two dozen eggs coming from wilds of pa. They are blue back x melanistic cross. There are some really great pics of them on their website. I plan on releasing them around here because the pheasant populations have been so down around here for so long. They have been making a comeback only recently because the foxes were wiped out by distemper a few years ago.

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I will have to look for game bird starter when I go into town today. I plan on staggering this hatch with a chick hatch so we will see how it goes.

Yes, these are the eggs that my husband swathed over the nest and killed the hen. They're ringnecks. If I raise any I'll turn them lose as soon as they're old enough.

Good luck with the pheasants! With mine the hen did the hatching, the hard part. All 6 are doing well and are VERY lively! They are in a tall box with a wire screen cover and a light for heat. They jump. They are eating a game bird starter. Hope I'm doing it right!

Quote:
I second that. The only thing I will add is stop turning at 21 days.
smile.png
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom