Pheonix and cochin genetics question

IwannaBEaMERMAID

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Beverly Hills, CA
i have 1 bantam barred, and 1 white bantam cochin ( only because they has the worlds quietest crow) and 2 white cochin pullets,1 BO, 2 sultan,1silver and 1gold pheonix all female. so if i breed the cochin with the pheonix, and they produce a male, will the male have pheonix male feathering and a long tail??
hu.gif
idunno.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Last edited:
cochin to phoenix makes what is called an ohiki. They are basically short legged phoenix. Not sure if you get it on F1's or if you have to cross the F1's back to the phoenix one more time, but Ohiki is the end result of the cross. There is loads of information on them on the Onagadori forum website if you are interested in them.
Or goggle
ohiki to see pics of them, pretty cool looking!

Last edited:
big_smile.png
ya.gif
i just googled them and........I LIKE THEM!!
big_smile.png
ya.gif
there sooo short and plump, only question is, do they have feathered legs
hu.gif
. and if u can post a link to the Onagadori forum that would be great!!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
well phoenix come in every color availabe now, so any thing you have would work.
I'll have to go back and see what colors you have, and I cant get back to you on what they will make.
As for feathered shanks, the F1 may well get it, that's something that probley has to be breed back to tha phoenix to remove.
here's the link, loads of info there, hole section dedicated to them....

http://www.onagadori.net/

okay, depending on what type of whites you have, with the white cochin, over your phoenix girls, you should get either all whites, or white, silver and gold. My white phoenix roos are breed over white silver and gold hens, and produce all 3 colors.
If you use the barred roo. F1's will probley be all barred, breed them back to the phoenix again the next year, and should get bared golds and silvers..Either would be very cool. Some one my chime in and tell me I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it'll work.
You can also get yourself new colors in either breed and play with them.

Hi all, I have 4 or 5 Ohiki cockerels that are project birds. I started the ohiki project about 6 months ago and realized I don't hve the space to keep building more pens.
he.gif
These birds are my Bantam Silver Phoenix bred to our Bantam Mottled Cochin roo. They are about 6 months old and are mostly dark in color. This is the first gen. and they have lightly feathered legs...I hate to get rid of them but I just don't have the space.. If anyone is interested in stared project birds send me a message and I will email you the pictures....I would rather someone who is working on this project get them than take them to a sale in the spring...

Back
Top Bottom