Pheonix chicken from Ideal??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by IwannaBEaMERMAID, Dec 9, 2009.

1. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    has anyone ever got phoenix chickens from Ideal? i got some cochins this year, 3 bantam..two died within a week, and two standard white pullets. anyways, next year i want to get some phoenix chickens if my dad lets me [​IMG] , pullet and straight run (i want a minimum amount of roo cuz i get emotionaly attached [​IMG] ...and then we have to give them away POOPY [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] !!! so if u can post pics of phoenix chickens you've gotten from Ideal Poultry hatchery that would be great, and tell me how u liked them and if u did get straight run, wat was you pullet to cockeral ratio TTTTHHHHAAAANNNNXXX [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
  3. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Thanks for the plug RAREROO. Personally, nothing against Ideal, they are a great company, but if you want really nice phoenix, do get them from a private breeder, you will be much happier with the outcome on quality I am sure. I havent seen Ideals, so cant knock them, but have seen other hatchy phoenix, and they arent much different than a stanadr chicken in the tail, and that's not what I would be looking for in a longtail breed. Our white roos, at 5-6 month would have been pushing the 3-4 ' mark if it werent for breakage.
    I can get you in touch with many great breeders if you'd like, just send me a pm
    Aubrey

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
  5. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

I have three yokohamas from Ideal, which are similar to phoenixes, I should think. Anyway, two aren't very good quality, but one is pretty darn good! Here she is after her second molt:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by